1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much do 2000 F-250's go for?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PremierLand, Nov 2, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Hello all, Im just wondering, how much do you guys think a 00" F-250 XLT, regular or extended cab, 4x4 Diesel, in good condition, Say around 100k miles, cost? This is for someone else, he has a car, but wants a truck but doesnt want the gas mileage of one, so thats where the diesel comes into play. He realises the Diesel will make it cost more. Anyhow, how much do they cost? 18k?

Also, he wouldnt be plowing with it, or towing a trailer, however a few times a year possibly having a camper on the back of the bed.

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Why go with suck a large truck if it is only going to have a comper in the back "a few times a year". A 1/2 ton will most likely do the job, it will cost less, and gets better gass milage than a 3/4 ton diesel (2wd model can get near or above 20mpg).

3. PremierLand

from detroit

because will be hauling alot in the bed of the truck (owns about 20+ rental prop's and hauls alot), he will be in the Upper Penisula with the camper in the winter and you need 4wd up their, its WHITE NUCKLE with FWD, and RWD would be even worse, so 4wd is a must!

4. sillyp

sillyp Junior Member

try ford-trucks.com
    in the forums

I just got a 99 250sd reg cab 4x4 for $10,500, 75,000 miles, good condition, very basic truck, nothing fancy

mines a 5.4 gas, diesel can add as much as $4,000 to the price.

5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

Here is a link to the Kelly Blue Book site,
    http://www.kbb.com/

And to Edmunds dot com
    http://www.edmunds.com/

You or your buddy can plug in all the info about the used truck here and get average price quotes for your region of the country for that vehicle.

Hope this helps you.

6. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Took a look through ebay, will give you an idea of what trucks go for around the country, and you can see them firsthand...

7. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I just got a 1999 f250 PSD 2x4 extended cab for 12,500 from a dealer down in TX it rides like new still :)
    They picked my up from my hotel with the truck filled the tank and off I went back to CT
    We are getting around 19mpg so far with the truck and happy.

Dan

I'll post the dealer info in a bit.

8. PremierLand

from detroit

please do. thanks again!

9. Premier,
    I paid $20,000 for mine about 5 months ago. I couldn't find one of these trucks anywhere with lower miles on it. Mine had 75K miles on it and I had to drive to Indiana to get it. None of the local dealers I know could find me the truck I wanted, and then I found this one in a trader book and drove to pick up my new beauty. I then showed it to the dealer buddys of mine and they all said that this was a good deal for sure :waving:

10. Cooters Dodge

Cooters Dodge Member

Plowboy don't get ahead of yourself it's just a ford! :)

11. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

A buddy of mine just traded in his 99 F-350 SC DRW 4X4 6 spd/PSD (a twin to mine even the same color) with about 106,000. The dealership gave him $16,800 for it. They put a price of $19,995 and sold it 2 days after it was traded in for $19,000. Just gives you an idea.

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Cooter, don't get ahead of yourself, you just have a dodge. :rolleyes:

13. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

PlowboyBlake,
    I think that you got a steal at $20,000.00 & it is ahead of a dodge any day!! :waving:

14. RYASON

RYASON Junior Member

2000 F250

Bought A 2000 F-250 Diesel 35000 Miles Loaded Last Year And Paid $25,000.00 For It. Excellent Condition. I Researched My Ass Off And Finally Found This One. Auto Trader.com Is An Excellent Source And A Time Saver. I Live In Maryland.