1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much did you pay for your vxt?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by m3klee, Jan 27, 2014.

1. m3klee

m3klee Member

i'm looking to trade in my 8ft super duty straight blade for a 8'2" steel vxt. My local dealer is giving me a price after trade in for $2950.00 which includes the tax and that. do you think this is a good deal?

2. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

How old is your 8ft straight blade?

3. m3klee

m3klee Member

its an 04, in great shape, always stored indoors, there giving me $1500 for my plow

4. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Is this everything or just the plow/lights and new controller? Installed if it is everything?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  5. m3klee

m3klee Member

just the plow/lights and controller, all my stuff on my truck matches up already. I just have to show up drop my plow and hook up to the new one and swap hand controllers

6. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

I traded in an 8ft superduty '00-01. no smart hitch. For a 9'2" poly v-xt, lights, controoller, for 4200 plus tax

7. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

my straight blade was well used and did not owe me a dime.

8. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

As a matter of fact you could barely tell it was red. Sorry for multiple posts. Cant think well. Been staring at windshield for sixty of last seventy-two hours.

9. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

That sounds like a no brainier to me, I can't believe they are even taking a 10 year old plow in on a trade. If I was the dealer, I would give you scrap value trade-in.

Michael

10. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

So let me get this through my foggy brain correctly. You have a frame and wiring harness that is 9-10 years old on a truck and you are going to keep that, get a new controller, plow/tower and lights? The dealer is giving you $1,500.00 for your straight blade and controller? It just sounds too good of deal the way my math goes, did I miss something?

11. CowboysLC_DE

It's gotta be for a whole new set up because the new plows don't fit on the old style frames. Plus im pretty sure you have to run a few extra wires for a v plow.

Why would anyone want to run a new piece of equipment on an old frame and old electric? Maybe that's just me.

Michael

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

No as long as its rt3 it'll work. Just need new controller

13. m3klee

m3klee Member

mud you are correct, I originally had this plow and frame on my 04 ram 2500, in the spring I traded the truck in on a new 13 ram 2500 and kept the plow and frame being that matched up and they were in great shape. frame was off I had sandblasted then repowder coated the frame that goes on the truck. I called dealer back this morning and i'm now trading in my plow/ tower and lights in on a new vxt for $2950.00 that includes the controller, tax all that stuff. it was the last plow he had in stock and wanted to get it sold so I guess I walked in there at the right time. I do the swap and get the new one on Friday morning. My old plow was an rt3 also so all the wiring is there just hook up and plug controller in and i'm ready to go.

14. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Well, I probably wouldn't pass it up after you already had the undercarriage assembly redone. I am also assuming that you checked over the wiring harness on the move to the new truck and felt that it was unscathed after years of running? I might ask the dealer how much for the new harness just for giggles and take that if it was in the budget, as a short out 1-2 years down the road could get expensive with down time and repair. My $.02 worth.

15. CowboysLC_DE

I believe the wiring harness is $500-$600 but I don't have my price sheets in front of me.

Michael

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

No need for a wiring harness. Boss harnesses are simple

17. Jakedaawg

Jakedaawg Senior Member
    from N. Mi

As long as your old plow was a super duty, and you have a 13 pin truckside harness, you wont have an issue. If your old plow was a standard duty the hole for the pins will not be large enough for the v-xt pins.

18. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

I paid 5k not installed for everything in 2009 on a 1990 chevy original price was $6500 but it was end of season and a friend already haggled salesman down and I came in a week later

19. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

sounds like a great deal. I paid 5500 I think November '12 for full install of 9'2 vxt. you will love the plow nice upgrade.

20. m3klee

m3klee Member

ok guys after all this talking about it i know they all look the same but heres my new one. 8'2" vxt

plow.jpg