1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much did you pay for your new truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pats plowing, Dec 9, 2002.

1. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I have been truck shopping recently and some ads catch my eyes but the dealers seem to be stupid and think ill pay sticker?
    I looked at an f350 tonite. PSD and sticker was close to 40k for a reg cab xlt with 8' fisher plow. I know people are paying less.
    Basically (dont matter the brand or type) i just want to see about how much you paid for new (01-03) your truck, include options, engine and plow sander and give me a total cost. I dont want to overpay a truck again.

2. a palustris

a palustris Member

Pat, I too have been shopping lately for the spring time and what I have found is this:

F350 XLT PSD with the manual tranni, 4x4, plow, ext cab, short bed, tow package, full warranty, with tax, tags, and plates brings me up to about the 40 - 45K range.

I know that we are talking about two completely different animals, just this is what I have found by me. However that was before any negotiations (call made so I get it for $500 above dealer cost)

3. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

1 tip would be to buy a new truck WITHOUT the plow... most dealers make money off the plow for simply being the middle man, so when I buy new vehicles I buy without plows then have them put on for the right cost.

4. Manx

Manx Senior Member

26,300 after rebates and A plan
    sticker was 33,400
    02 F250 super cab xlt 5.4,auto,4:10 ls
    off road and plow pkg

8' western poly pro was 3,400

I would think with the new 6.0 diesel coming out
    the 7.3's would be going cheap now

Look around trucks aren't flying out of showrooms right now

Last edited: Dec 9, 2002
  5. Firesource

Firesource Junior Member

'03 Silverado package

Purchased my latest truck last month : '03 Silverado 2500 HD Ext. Cab 4WD / Shortbed -- LS Package >>> GMO price $28540

Took the $2000 GM rebate, which saves you quite a bit over the 3 yr. loan period as opposed to taking the 0% finance charge option

Boss 8'2" V-Plow w/handheld controller --- $4000

I've used www.edmunds.com as a source for fair pricing info on my last 2 trucks. Give it a try, you can get great information across brand names, and up-to-date info on incentives by region.

Most important of all --- DO NOT --- include any trade in the negotiation for a new vehicle. The trade should not be a part of the deal until AFTER you have settled on the price for your new truck.

Good luck and have fun!

:drinkup: :nono:

6. EIB

EIB Senior Member

One month ago I bought a 2003 F350 SD 4WD 7.3L powerstroke, crewcab, Lariat, with all the bells and whistles. List was 42000.00 and I got it for 37000.00 I traded my 2000 F250 SD 4WD 7.3 L powerstroke, supercab with longbox. It had 30000 miles on it and they gave me 24000.00 I didn't think that was a bad deal.

7. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've been paying dealer invoice for my trucks, I special order and take immediate delivery when they are shipped. The dealer gets a kickback from the manufacturer that is his profit.

8. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

Offer them invoice, you keep the rebate/financing. That's all you should pay. Key Ray at Inver Grove Ford, Inver Grove Heights, MN 651-451-2201 will sell you one for that. Tell him Eric sent you his way (I get a spif then).

I got my F350 for invoice. Look up the price at www.kbb.com. Add in $31.50 for diesel fuel (yes they charge you for it) and a FDAF/LMDA assessment of 170.00.

Even got 0% financing with the plow in the total price. I received the same price that the dealer had to pay for the plow install.

9. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:) i recently ordered and took del. on a 2003 F350 crew cab long bed 4x4 FX4 PSD XLT and sticker was 42,000and paid just under 37,000 for it. tony

10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

01 Dodge 3500 drw dump, ac 360cid gas and 8.5 fisher total cost $28,500. Pat stay away from duddie if that is were you got that price. Look in the truck trader for dealers I have seen the same truck w/ diesels for around 29k. 27k for gas.

11. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Pat,
    check the sunday boston globe the ads always list trucks with as much as 8K discounts

12. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Must be nice to be an American. You can add $10,000 minimum to any new truck sticker price when buying it up here compared to down there. Plus we pay more tax on top of that too. Oh well...

I'm planning on going to the local auction and looking at a "newer" truck. My mechanic (who will take me) says '99 Chev 2500's can be had for $15,000 after they come back off lease. I could buy two of them for less than the price of one brand new one.

13. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

Actually it's cheaper for an American to buy a Canadian truck and bring it back to the USA. Trouble is, Canadian Ford dealers won't sell a new truck to an American. It has to be 6+ months old.

There was a Canadian car broker I was dealing with. He would buy new Canadian vehicles and resell them to Americans. He got black balled and no longer can buy new trucks from Canadian Ford dealers either.

So much for NAFTA.....

As far as the extra $10,000, thats because of the currency exchange rate. 1 US Dollar = 1.56 Canadian Dollar,
    1 Canadian Dollar (CAD) = 0.64 US Dollar (USD) as of 12/9/2002.

14. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

Our dollar is definately the main culprit. It's great if you're an exporter, but sucks when buying big ticket items. Selling Canadian vehicles to Americans and shipping them down there is illegal...but then so is jaywalking and that doesn't stop people from doing it.

15. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I get a "greenslip" (dalmer/chrysler employee disc.) I buy my dodge(s) about $5000 off of sticker. I paid around $29,000 for my 03 2500 Ram 4 door Hemi.

16. pats plowing

Idiot dealer

I went to Harr not DUDDIE (been there not for me either). They couldnt give me a deal at all.
    They had a 02 f350 psd xlt reg cab, $3000 rebate from ford, my truck trade of 6500 (95 f250 that i paid 10k for this yr) and a 8ft fisher (3850) and a grand total of $31000. Its already a year old. I told him i wasnt going to pay the sticker, he said everyone does and you cant find it cheaper. Okk frecking moron.
    Slplow where did you get that dodge? It seems quite cheap for a dump i was looking at $36k plus plow.
    Anyone know where to get trucktrader either, I only have one old old copy from last winter havent found it again.
    Thanks guys.

17. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Ceaman,
    Is that the new Dodge with 345 HP I saw advertised?

I have the 300 HP 6.0 GMC, Thought that was wicked.... Till I seen the Dodge comercial....

:(

18. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

2001 dodge 2500 extended cab,4x4,diesel,6speed manual and loaded...paid 33400.00.
    dan

19. Randy Scott

Randy Scott Senior Member

Re: Idiot dealer

Your profile says your 15 years old. Don't you have to be 16 to get a drivers license? Actually, I just looked at your sign up date of last year and I bet you must be 16 by now and just never updated your profile. Anyway, you must make alot of money at your age to be buying a $30 plus thousand dollar truck. Man, I must be doing something wrong. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2002
  20. pats plowing

Randy
    Didnt even remember to update that. I have around 25k now with a trade value of 6k. I was thinking with the 0.0apr i could build credit, parent would cosign.