1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Much Did You Make This Year??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JCplowing, Mar 5, 2008.

1. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

Well for me on the connecticut coast i think its safe to say the snow year is over, i almost made enough to payoff my plow in this one year! i think i totaled up to be 3800.00, but im still owed about 1500 of that, not bad for one year considering we had 5 total storms! and the 04 ram 1500 is running like a raped ape!
  2. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I made around $5900 this year in NJ, and I think the winter is just about over here as well. Can't see snow falling when its 50* outside.....
  3. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

I bring in about 5k per push and we have pushed about 15 times give or take so far. Not including salt and sand and moving and hauling off piles.
  4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Why does it matter if it's made with a dodge truck? lol
    I think you may have posted in the wrong area!
  5. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

My Lil' Chevy that cost me all of $5000.00 in October of 07 has Billed out 16K in snow removal since without a single failure.....Starts in the coldest of cold weather and just keeps pushin'!

Fabbed in a western pro-flow 2 so I can spread sand and salt....$750.00 off Craigslist and works like a charm.

Now wearing wings so I can push even more snow and make more Moolah!!

And the end result of what has been a decent first year....A DODGE CUMMINS RAM!!! What I had wanted to start off the year with but was a little skeered of the business still.......Hoping to double my business next season.
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

:confused: With the luck you and I have had with a good old GM 1/2 truck, why switch to a dodge?

Whatever, at least you didn't buy a Tundra.lol I hope your new truck is as good to you.
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I made around $15K....gross....
  8. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

enough to buy a new truck..Picking up my new 2008 2500 Cummins next week!! We've got another 8 inches supposedly coming this weekend!! Cha Ching!
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

24 cases of beer, 3 60's of Crown, 2 40's of rum and 16 cartons of cigs. Oh and a push lawn mower.:D
  10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

JD, they wanted to know what you made, not what you went through.:dizzy:
  11. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

I dunno...I want a bigger sander and a bigger blade? I will be hanging on to the Lil' Chevy though as well!!

I actually will use the Dodge more in my Striping company as we travel long distances to paint....

Plus the Duramax has IFS. I like the thought of a medium duty truck engine pushing around a solid front axle. Reassuring maybe?
  12. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

I am just sub. I made about 5k under table. My real job wont allow me the time to get real accounts. So I am happy with some extra loot that pays the truck payments
  13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

You mean "as a sub" right? You still are going to claim it a income right? lol. We thought thats what you meant.
  14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess I misunderstood the question. LOL
  15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You mean your an Employee.......

a "sub" or subcontractor is a contractor that is hired by the general contractor...

IF you were a contractor it would be above the table because you would have bills to pay like, insurance and other debts your business would have and of course you would be paying your taxes too...;)
  16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

lol snofarmer you should just have that as your sig i have seen you type that so many times...:jester:
  17. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I mad $50.00 Cash in Hand,
    almost enough to cover the GAS for the ATV for the season.

Though the 3 Drives that I due I get year around garage storage space in so I guess it all works out in the end.

sublime out.
  18. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

lol... not a bad idea.....:jester:

Ever notice that everyone is a "sub"-contractor or a contractor and that their are no employees?

There is nothing wrong with being an employee........
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  19. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Back on topic..

How could you know how much you have made all ready?

A. Have you billed out for the last time for the season.(I haven't)
    B. Have you been paid.
    C. Are we talking gross or net.
    D. Is this before the maintenance costs,taxes, pay roll for this season?
    E. Why is this in the truck forum?...
    Because you want to know who made what when driving a Dodge?

I have an idea what we made but until I get paid and pay all of our debts, we will not have a # for you.
  20. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

I think of an employee as someone who just drives for a GC with the GC's equipment... A sub is someone who works for a GC with their own equipment... And who cares that its in the Dodge forum,. maybe he just likes us "Dodge" guys better...

And not to hijack this thread, I did not make nearly enough that I wanted to. Only 2 plowable storms :(... My goal was $5000 but I fell way short... I at least paid for my new E-60, a water pump installation, my insurance for my spare pickup (the plow truck), power sterring pump, and fuel for the year so basically about 24 hours worth of work got me free use of my pick up for the year and some maintenance items replaced... I would have loved to squeeze out a new flat screen for my bedroom, It aint summer yet, she is still mounted and ready to go....
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008