1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much can your 1/2 ton tow?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Dec 30, 2011.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

This contraption passed me on the freeway today doing 70mph in the left. It was funny watching people move another lane over as he passed them. I don't even know where to begin.

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht3.jpg

2. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Holy cow I have abused my half ton before but holy **** that is just begging to kill someone.

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Motor carrier enforcement troopers would tear him a new one here. What a jackass endangering everybody else on the road. We have a lot junk like that running around here too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Lets take the 1/2ton and the rolling train wreck out of the question for a second.

Quad axles? Can you even turn that trailer without ripping stuff apart?

5. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

ive hauled both a bobcat and a excavator but it wasn't any fun, and it was in a van but it did the job

6. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I think my two favorite parts are the 3rd tire on the trailer is bigger and you cant tell from the pictures but he had a ball hitch welded to the back of the trailer for when he need to tow doubles.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

WOW that's a DOT inspectors wet dream, mismatched tires, bent tongue, WAY over GCWR of the truck and I'm sure the list isn't even started

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i thought something was off just didn't want to start an argument lmao

9. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Not to mention the Bobcat is only secured with ratchet straps!

10. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Anybody notice the bent third axle?

11. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Should be automatic license revocation for being an f'n idiot. He s going to kill someone.

12. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I dunno if its bent it looks like the 3rd tire is bigger than the rest

13. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Either his bed is filled with concrete, or he's got some serious rear suspension issue's. I've hauled a 773 with a 1/2 ton quite a few times. You feel it, but nothing like that pic!

Guys like this piss me off. He probably made it to his destination without getting touched. Meanwhile, my guys are getting tickets for "unsecured load" for having a ratchet binder loose in the bed of a truck.

14. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

I see that, could be making it look bent i guess.

15. xjsnake

xjsnake Member
    from NW Ohio

Haven't been to the Cleveland area in awhile but isn't there a state police post not far from there? I'd have called that IDIOT in...

16. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

the empty "trailer" is probably too much for a truck in that condition.

17. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

that is absolutely ridiculous. people like him are a waste of air. and he'll get away with that all day long because theres no company name on the side anywhere.

18. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

Im suprised its in the left lane :rolleyes:

19. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

just proves stupid still isn't fixed...around here he probably would have gotten away with it; but if he had a flatbed on the truck DOT would kill him. My friend just got a flatbed in August of this year and has been stopped by DOT 5 times for stupid stuff, where before with a 2500hd he never was stopped. Doing the same job with the same trailer; just proves that DOT doesn't know what they are doing...they'll never catch this idiot in the photo.

20. BMB Plowing

BMB Plowing Senior Member

oh my god that is just ridiculous.
    are the ratchet straps even legal? I know that definitely wouldn't fly around here in my area.
    that guy was probably hauling ass down the highway to avoid getting stopped, I hope he did get pulled over and ticketed.