1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much can you get

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trying to make, Jan 14, 2005.

1. trying to make

trying to make Member

had the privilege to see some one elses billing.WOW.In Baltimore Maryland last year another company was getting $190.00 an hour 1 man 1 truck.Blew my mind.Any one getting close to this.Oh that is with a 9 foot blade. payup payup
  2. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I got a guy in one of my trucks that does $1200 worth of diveways in 3 hrs. payup
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If your efficient, and all your accounts are set up close, $190 is very attainable. I'd NEVER put my hourly rate on an invoice though. Thats just asking for trouble.

If your salting and plowing you can almost double that figure depending on how your accounts are setup.
  4. trying to make

trying to make Member

this is a comercial lot shopping center.no set fee per inch.3 trucks were on iy 11 hours each.and I might add these guys goof off a lot.such as ramming shopping carts.seeing how bad they can burry the shrubery and bushes,when not needed.which I am all for since now I have some of these contracts.
  5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I would like to hire you to bid on my stuff. $1200 worth of driveways in 3 hours????????????? Incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

The best I've been able to average was 125.00 an hour doing driveways.
    Even though my blade is a 6 1/2 ft'r, I can usually clean a driveway faster
    and more efficiently than a pickup truck. (at an avg. of 25.00 each.)
    Sometimes I get out and do final cleanup with a shovel in front of garage doors and things like that so that slows things down. Also my jobs are spread all over town and getting from one end of town to the other in a storm is a challenge to say the least.

190.00 per hour for one truck doing commercial work is feasible for sure.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2005
  7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Last storm over 2 days we billed just over $18,000 in plowing, 4 trucks about 120 total hours = $150 per hour per truck. Just over $10,000 in sand and salt and the hand & snow blowing crew billed almost $6,000, 120 total hours. Total billed for the the storm was $34,240. That is going to put a pretty good chunk of $$$ in my pocket. Now it just needs to snow 6 more times this winter. This is already my best year ever.
  8. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

My first ever storm last year in NYC that was 13" my invoices totaled 11,000 :nod: for 13 hours of work, all by myself( one truck) and my fiance that slept in the truck most of the time. THe best part of it was getting the plow on my truck. The guy finished the truck at 10:30 at night. It started snowing at 6:00am. Whew,

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Heres the big question , does he have the job this year ? And how many times have we plowed near Baltimore this year?
  10. hesko1

hesko1 Member

My first ever storm last year in NYC that was 13" my invoices totaled 11,000 for 13 hours of work, all by myself( one truck)

Must have been plowing banks and holding them up at the same time :gunsfiring:
  11. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

people in NY are not that stupid!..i think you added an extra 0 to that 1100
  12. Mr.PLOWSI

Mr.PLOWSI Member

If this makes sense, a couple of weeks ago I have a 1 inch storm and I invoiced $2,000 with one truck and one other guy(salting and snowblowing sidewalks). I have a couple of good commercial accounts and a few good residental accounts that pay. Took me 5 hours,