1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how much can i get for my baby?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cward05, Feb 7, 2006.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

hi everyone, i was just wondering what you guys thought a good asking price was for my 83 chevy k10 pickup. i'm looking to find something newer. is there anything i can do to it for minimal expense to get a higher price? by the way, i'm located in cheshire, ct. It has these features:
    -4wd
    -a fisher 7'6" plow good edge on it and not too much rust on the moldboard
    -rusted rocker panels (with holes naturally)
    -right muffler has a hole in it
    -engine leaks a bit of oil but nothing serious (nothing new for a truck this age)
    -a few shallow dents in the driver's side door
    -interior is pretty clean w/no rips in the seat
    -@136,000 miles on it
    -edelbrock intake and carb
    -brand new larger capacity radiator w/electric cooling fan (high end model but i can't remember the name off the top of my head)
    -4" lift

THANKS EVERYONE!

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Around here you would be doing good if you could get $2500.00 to $3000.00 for a truck like that even with the upgraded intake etc... on it!
    Unless you get lucky and find that guy who really want's a classic GM pickup!

3. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Wouldnt get near that price here in my area of ohio $2500-$3000. I would figure $1500-$2000 max. Theres a 95 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 350ci ext cab with 7.5 meyer plow and new e60 pump and fiberglass cap selling for $4000 right now near me.

4. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

In my area $500-$800

5. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

$1,000 tops.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Probably about $1850 on a good day. Maybe more if you fix some of the little problems. I would have to see pics to give you a fair guestimate!:waving:

7. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

$1000 if you wait A LONG TIME here in Chgo.

8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'd imagine if it is presentable and only needs rockers and a muffler, you would probably have little trouble getting $2500-3500 Cdn around here...

But it is a buyers market, especially right now with the lack of snow. Best time to sell is in the fall. Maybe put some new rockers on and a new muffler, paint the plow, and have it all ready to sell late next summer or next fall? Depends on your timeline.

9. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

About $1,000 here. If you paint the plow do some body work and spray it in white. Someone will snatch it up for $2500.

10. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

hes got it put some time and a little cash into it and make it pretty and sell it in the late summer early fall when guys are gearing up for winter