1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much are you paying...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by FordFisherman, Sep 19, 2009.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

per 50lb bag of Magic Salt? How much per pallet and how many bags per pallet?

2. rec067

rec067 Member

80 lbs bags 5.50 a bag or 165.00 a pallet. 30 bags on a pallet and min order is 24 pallets

3. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Where are you getting it from? I have contact several suppliers and get no response.

I am located on the West side of the state.

Thanks

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

X's 2...I'm in central IL.

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

It's no better here on the east coast- nobody calls back??? By the bag I'm guessing $15per 50lbs.?

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I am confused? He said 80lb bags are $5.50/bag when you get 24 pallets.....right? Even at buying 24 pallets that seems cheap, or am I mistaken? I have never bought magic, because I was quoted $12/bg if I bought 18 pallets last year!!! I thought that was rediculous!!!

7. FordFisherman

from 06611

From the research I've done they claim you use 1/2 the amount of Magic Salt than salt sand mix to achieve the same results, and the residual effect is greater. Does anyone have real world experience with the product?

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

that has been my experience with a handful of blended ice melters compared to sand salt mix and sometimes even to straight salt.

9. Magic Salt does not come in 80lb bags. Prices will vary dealer to dealer..

Google Magic Salt Schenectady

10. rec067

rec067 Member

Angelos has salt prices up on their website, they have min order f 18 pallets and 100.00 dollar delivery fee if you need a fork lift. 165.00 pallet 80 lbs bags

Andy from Michigan Salt had quoted me a higher price but matched Angelo's price. He has a minimum 24 pallet order and has a hopper/fork on the truck no extra cost. I went with Michigan Salt

11. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

That's for straight rock salt genius, not Magic... :dizzy:

http://www.angelos-supplies.com/Portals/0/Salt Price List 2009_2010 rev914.pdf

The the OP, $15 a bag picked up an hour from here... :eek: Magic works good, but not THAT good...

12. rec067

rec067 Member

13. studebaker48

studebaker48 Member

Magic Salt works better than anything I have tried, But it will not reduce your salt cost by 1/2 that is BS but it has saved us 10-15% so it pays for itself. If the price goes up agian next year I am using something else. Magic per 50lb bag here is like14-16 a bag but we use bulk so not that bad.

14. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

I was just quoted 17.75/ 50lb bag, 49 bags per pallet picked, up in RI from a magic salt dealer. It is also available in liquid form. 2.75/ gal, bring your own tank! He says if you treat straight salt with the liquid (he will spray it while you turn the pile over with a loader 38.00 per ton not including salt) you would use 30-50% less product to do the same size area as you would if you used the sand salt mix. When you spray the salt with the product it turns it brown. Personally I think it would be difficult to spread that small amount of product over an acre or even put down half the amountt of product through a walk behind spreader.

15. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Hey where are you from in RI? Also which dealer were you going through?

I was quoted about $16.xx /50lb bag from the yard i get my landscape material from.

16. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

I use Ice-ban and instead of spraying the pile i spray the salt as it lands on the spinner. It has worked very well for me. Depending on the storm I will apply up to half the amount that i would have before we started prewetting and get the same results or better then straight salt. The residule effect is fantastic! Price is around $2.45 a gallon. I have ran the numbers on doing this and have found it has really increased my margins.

17. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

The price I got was from the guy that sells it of CP Watsons yard in Warwick, where are you getting it from? Have you used it before?