1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much annual

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Shamrock80, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

I'm curious to find out what everyone's annual snowfall is.

Last 2 years for me has been 239 and 202 inches
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Are you serious??? That's typical in WV? We only average in the 30+ range here in IL. There is NO WAY you average that. You must have had two record years or something.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  3. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Here in Rochester NY we average a little bit over 100" each year.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

WHAT??? Is half of that man made?lol We average around 120-140 but last year we were the "snowiest city in America". Lake effect around here can dump anywhere from 2-up to 3" an hour, 2 or 3 years ago we saw 4" and hour! That storm dumped about 18" in about 24 hours and thats king of typical.
  5. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

Snowshoe ski resort, average is around 175. We've had a couple big storms last two years that's accounted for the above average.
  6. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

We like to joke that snowshoe, makes its own weather. It's a different world up here
  7. Shamrock80

Shamrock80 Junior Member

I was wrong it's actually 180, I wanted to show you sounds like couple don't beileve it