1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How much amp draw on a electric v box

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Brian Young, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I am looking to buy a Salt Dogg 1.8yrd electric v box and was wondering if any one knew the amp draw. I thought some one told me 50-60 amps. Thats a lot at a continuous use.

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

No one have any idea?

3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I think my snowex is around 65-70 amps

4. ForestEdgeSnow

ForestEdgeSnow Senior Member

Brian I do not know the amp draw but I that is why I run a henderson. A henderson is completly self contained. I know it is a gas engine and Think you are trying to get away from that. I am corious why you do not like that unit. I think it could be a good solution to the amp draw.

Thank You
    Justin Haynes

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

From what I remember reading last winter I would say that 60+ amps sounds about right. 60+ amps seems like alot of draw? I have owned 3 V Boxes gas powered in the past 20+ years. I bought 1 of those for 2,450, owned it and used it for 12 years, sold it last fall for 1,750. The other I paid 2,650 for it , owned it for 10 years, sold it for 2,450. Never put 100.00 in repair in the pair. After having such luck with those Western V Boxes I find it hard to figure out why some one would buy anything but a gas powered V box? Save the AMP draw for the plow and Lights?