1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many times this year have you got the trucks all geared up and it doesnt snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by allaspects10, Jan 2, 2012.

1. allaspects10

allaspects10 Junior Member

15 times here in Buffalo

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have had one truck with the plow and sander on and loaded since 12/1. 1 truck has had the plow/sander/loaded about 5 times, a plow on another once, my truck hasn't had the plow on in ANGER yet.

My loaders, are still waiting.

J.

3. MowForReal

MowForReal Junior Member

once (a snow prediction of one to three inches...i was hoping for three, but got 1 inch). the only plowable snow so far was the halloween noreaster. (new york city area)

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They've been wrong quite a bit this year, our storm we were supposed to have today went from 10-18", 8-12", 6-10" 10-18" .....all of this within 24hrs. We ended up with may 2" along the lakeshore and about 6-8 a couple miles south. WHo knows, our trucks have been ready to go since November.

5. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Put it on once to make sure it worked. Changed the oil now its back in the barn. Hopefully till next Dec.:nod:

6. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Ya I'm getting real good at dumping out the salters. Called for 3-6" last nite got half an inch.

7. snowdance

snowdance Junior Member
    from Ontario

I just leave the blower in the back of the truck now locked up with cable. Too much time to load/unload for nothin.

8. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Had the sanders in and out 3 times this year, finally in for good now since the trucks are staying prepared for winter...plows have been on and off about the same. This was the day before the October storm

mowplow.jpg

9. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Trucks have been ready since October, but have yet to move. Called for 5" a couple days ago. Got less than an inch. Looks like nothing but ice fishing until MABEY the 11th. If the big sweeper wasn't down for the season, I would still be using it. Crazy weather.

10. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Plows have been on the 5-yards since mid November....only salted 3 times.
    Small trucks had their plows tested and they have been sitting by the salt barn since...

11. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

4 times so far this season. Once in October, twice in December, and now once in January. Predicted 2" in October and 7" fell, only to accumulate on the grassy surfaces. Predicted 2"-4" twice in December, received the big goose egg. Predicted 2" from "The Big Lake Effect Event " and received less than an inch. Not giving up yet, but planning for light snow removal income this season. I guess I will have to actually look for some extra work in the Spring to make up the anticipated shortfall. First time in 10 years I have planned for such a task.......

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if this counts,but finally went out and pushed under 2 inches. Since they are on their 3rd payment I guess I should make an appearance this year.

13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Ithe night before a storm hits I typically call all the guys and put them on stand by. I think they have been on stand by 6-7 times already this year and we have had one crappy 2-3" storm

14. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I seen a few guys pushing 3/4 of an inch this morning out your way, I just put down more salt, don't wanna put any wear on my new cutting edges.......

15. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Wife was trying her bikini on already, that's how bad it is here in Alberta. +14C expected tomorrow, we are 3 weeks into temps on the + side of the scale and another week or more coming.

16. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pictures please!Thumbs Up

17. Pushin4U

Pushin4U Senior Member

X2 on the pictures! ;) :D

18. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

We actually got to plow everything today. As previously stated, our forecast kept changing every 2 hrs here in SW Pa. Our 8"12" final estimate was actually 3". Not complaining though, this is only the 2nd time this season to plow everything.

19. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Funny I saw a guy running a loader on a union rd. property pushing maybe half an inch. All I did was salt heavy.

20. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Oh yeah, and no snow forcasted thru Monday. Highs in the 40's this weekend.