1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many times out?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by ff1221, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

Just to get a feel for what everyones work load is, how many times are you out pushing/blowing snow in an average season, not including salting?
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

if youre talking about this year.
    4 :mad:
  3. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Average year is 20.
    This year is at 26 so far.
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Hmm just this month, 8 times. Last month it was right around 12-14. Dont have the figures right in front of me. I think December was like 6. But we get alot of lake effect here, which helps.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

About 20 ,heading out in a little bit again.1-2 turned to 6-8!
  6. ff1221

Know how you feel, just finished day 22, started with 1" finished with 6". let the good times roll.
  7. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

22 plus including salts and all. Not a clue how many times of those were pushes, have not looked.
  8. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Approx. 15 times this season so far.
  9. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

28 and im tired lol...
  10. ff1221

I forgot, Toronto got throttled this year, pretty rare for you guys to have that much snow to push.
  11. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

I just posted this somewhere else on here too. This is strait from the local paper.

The National Weather Service in Buffalo said the Rochester area is getting more rain and sleet than snow, which has pushed us above our average February precipitation level of just more than one inch to more than three inches, while keeping us one inch below our seasonal snowfall average of 70 inches by Monday.

I have been out and dropped the blade 10 deferent days, but I only have 6 full trips in. 2 of those were in the same day too.:cry:
  12. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

42 times. Plows and saltings.