1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many times did you go out last year?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BGehl, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BGehl

BGehl Member

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out how much to charge for some seasonal contracts (instead of just per push). About how many times do you have to go out on a seasonal basis? I am in the buffalo area (Elma/EA), so i am particularly interested in those responses. . .
  2. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Ben, I don't think I went out 15 times last year. However I still base my quotes on 20-25 plowable events for small commercial. Most of the guys I know do the same and I think a few of the Buffalo guys on here do as well. That said. $400-$450 per driveway is very difficult to get in our area. $250-$300 is much more realistic depending on the neighborhood. I have about 10 houses right in a row in a more affluent area and these people don't bat an eye when paying $400 for the season, then I have another customer same size drive nice home but different town she thinks $250 is more than fair:dizzy: she'll be calling someone else. If you're working in the East Aurora area you should be able to charge a fair market price and not have anyone try to beat you down. Goodluck.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A better way to figure this out would be to look at the NWS site and look at the climate or snow fall history for your area. You can go back and look at how much snow falls in your area.

If some one has a 0 tolerance lot they plowed more than someone with a 2" trigger did.
  4. BGehl

BGehl Member

Yeah i did look at that, but it is hard to say how many storms 90 inches is . . . . I was guessing around 20. So i was at least in the ball park.
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

lol I hear ya. maybe i have to go look again but I thought you can find out the date when it snowed or the perception amounts for any given day? That make any scene?

Hopefully someone can help you out..;)
  6. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

i went out a half dozen times only. not enough snow in southern ct.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I've been averaging 18 times for the last few yrs but I always base the seasonal on 25 plows.