1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how many storms

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 2low4nh, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Ok so i need to put a bid in for a parking lot but they want a flat rate for the year. I am trying to find an average amount of storms per year for New Hampshire. I know last year was 33 storms total and te year before was 19 storms i dont know how accurate these numbers are so i figure i would ask around. get some of the guru's opinions I live i the monadnock region if that helps.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Use 25 for the number, good luck

3. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Not sure how far in NH, I'm in MA.; base mine on 15-20

4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

I would say no more than 20, here in buffalo im at around 30(i think but id have to check) pushes for an average 100" season.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with 22-25.

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

do some research on www.noaa.gov you should find what you're looking for.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't it soooooo much easier to just ask for someone else to do the hard work for you?

I'd use 1-35.

Sorta like the guy from CT who's average snowfall is 30-100".

8. badabing1512

HAHAHAHAHA 30-100", couldnt help but laugh when I came across that one.

9. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

that site doesnt show how many storms for the season

10. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

18...do have 18.5...19...19....18.75...19....19.5....20....20....SOLD 20! FOR NH purplebou
    Check your local weather archives..best of luck..maybe someone from your area will reply.

11. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i think im just going to shoot for 25 storms and hope i land the bids!

12. badabing1512

better to just check noaa.gov, plenty of info

13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

This is not a question for plow site, you need to go to the weather sites, pay a fee and go day by day and count precipitation days. Oh yer and its a PITA.

I did a state wide bid in Michigan for a large retailer. northern parts of the state based there averages on 65-75 plows and the lower parts based them om 8-12 plows.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ahhhhh, the voice of reason!

15. ProCare

ProCare Junior Member

Storn per year

How many storms would you say in CT per year North of Hartford?

16. ProCare

ProCare Junior Member

Storms per year

How many storms would you say in CT per year North of Hartford?

17. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

They dont even read the previous posts in the thread. Never mind do a search of all posts available. NOAA Does not tell you how many storms>>>>>you have to open each link see what kind of event it was and count YES COUNT the plowable events for the season, or yes you can pay a couple hundred a year to a weather site and they will do it for you

18. jsin607

jsin607 Junior Member

Everyone who has been plowing for any number of years would obviously know how many storms they base the season prices on.

I think people just won't tell you because they get a little pissed when people just decide to go into the snow plowing business.

19. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It's a PITA finding it, but it does list history.

20. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Hey ah......Which is the best pay site?? I am all for it, but I would prefer to get the pointing finger. I'm not impressed with Accuweather as a free site, so I am not so eager to find out with my wallet in my hand.

The last couple seasons I have kept a log mostly induced by my local NOAA station...nothing a coffee and donut can't handle, but now there forbidding any un authorized visits up there.