1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how many pushes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DRP Mowing, Sep 28, 2004.

1. DRP Mowing

DRP Mowing Junior Member

how many pushes do you guys fig you get a year. My area we get about 25-30.
  2. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I average about 10 - 14 plowable and 10 - 12 separate saltable events for myself. Last year was quite the disappointment though.

3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Yes, it's been about 12 plows for too many years. We need another winter like 1978/79.
  4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

About 6 - 10 events on average for me. Last year was a off year for me as well. Spread a lot of salt didn't get to plow much! I was just taking my first breath in the winter of 78-79. I hear it was wild, I wish I could experience one similar to it now!!
  5. CENLO

CENLO Member

We do an average of 30-35 plows per season :) We head out after about 2"+
  6. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

15-25... it all depends on lake affect around here.. the area surrounding Lake Ontario could get 20" and 5 miles from the lake gets 2"..
  7. naco

naco Member

michigan 3-4 pushes
  8. mikekinney

mikekinney Member

35-90 Depand's on the season and upon the trigger depth
  9. CENLO

CENLO Member

Hey, Qualitylawncare you say you have an f350 with a Western poly v, I did mot think Western made a poly v? :confused:
  10. mikekinney

mikekinney Member

That should be Depends (SORRY). I GUESS I SHOULD spellcheck more often
  11. Silverhowie

Silverhowie Junior Member

Hey qualitylawncare, I see on your signature you have a 8'6" Western Poly V plow, They make a Poly V?