1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Many Pushes in a season?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by mitchellmeines, Dec 10, 2011.

1. mitchellmeines

mitchellmeines Junior Member

Hello,
    I am looking to expand my landscape business into the plowing market as I step into commercial accounts. I am trying to figure pricing per push, as I have read enough on here that it seems like per push is the right way to price out contracts. But I live in Grand Rapids, MI and I am trying to figure out how many pushes I will do on average in this area. What do you guys do on average a season?
    Thank you,
    Mitch

2. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Try checking the National Weather Service web page and see how many snowfalls the Grand Rapids area had. The number of plows will vary some what from Grandville to the airport and from Walker to Caledonia. Or just keep track this year to use for next.

3. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

For commercial accounts, we charge a monthly + salt in the winter.

Residential, i usually average 3 or 4 snow events of 2'' or higher per month and multiply by the number of months in the winter season = how many pushes per season.