1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many plows so far this year? (2007/2008)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

my truck was ready but i hadn't put together my usual route book by the time the snow started to fly, so I had just been scribbling on bank deposit slips:D

yesterday I had some down time and finally got paper organized and was suprised to see the tally:

Commercial ---- 12 visits: 3 salts only and 9 plow/salts. Cleared away 30" of precip.
    Residential ----- 6 visits.

I was working Dec 1,2,3,4,5 and 13,14,15,16,17:eek:

2. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

I haven't entered anything on my computer since the 10th, but from 11/1 - 12/10 I dropped my blade 29 times PER CUSTOMER and salted 31 times PER CUSTOMER. This is all commercial and condos.

They have a 2" trigger, but ***** and moan when the pavement is anything but black. It's all good though, I salt just about every time @ $100/pop and only use about $20 - $25 worth of material.:D

3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

2.. Last week had everyone all hyped up. We've still got Jan, Feb and 1/2 of march to go! Wish people we're like that here VT, most people here are tight tight. They want it done and get it and are happy until they get the bill. I'm getting ready to start invoicing past due bills.. :nods head:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  4. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

You east coasters got dumped on then. I've dropped my plow twice. A 3" & 8" storm.

5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

11 plows on commercial so far
    9 plows on driveways so far

its gonna be a long winter.......

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

8 pushes, all commercial

7. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Well, I haven't invoiced them yet for December, so I'm sure a few people will pass out from sticker shock, BUT everyone has been thrilled with the job I've been doing, and are already talking about signing contracts for next season.

One of the property management companies called me Monday afternoon to ask if I had cut the phone lines to "her" condo complex. When I asked why, she said because no one from there had called to complain that the plow guy hadn't cleared the 18" of snow, yet she had gotten complaints from all of the other properties that she manages (not my accts). After being up and working for 36 hours, that's what I needed to make it worthwhile! (Well, that, a beer, and 12 hours of sleep!)

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

2 events, an 8" and a 5".

Most commercial has been plowed 4-5 times total, residentials 3 times.

This was all the first week of December.

Just the right timing for sending out the invoices for December, since I was paid by everyone for November contracts and not doing anything.

9. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

6 Residential plows so far this year ! Looks like it may be a normal winter with most likely 25 or 30 pushes this season here in Rochester NY

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I've done three pushes so far this year. A 2", a 12" and an 11". Looks like I might get another one in tonight/tomorrow morning. I do all residentials.

11. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

2 - Salt only for commercial ice, 2 - plows commercial for snow

2 - Residential Plows 12" snow, 4" sleet/ice

5 - sanding in horse pastures

12. Grn Mtn

I had a commercial account like that, untill they got the final bill in spring and complained from here to there with no renewal:angry:

they loved it being black all winter, they knew I was comming because I invoiced every month, they would even call sometimes with 1/2" down, but when corporate out of who-knows-what state bitched I was at the bottom of the hill so to speak.

13. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

From 11/30/07 to 12/17/07
    Four plows and salt
    One salt

14. montanag

montanag Member

6 Commercial Pushes so far in Missoula. 4 Extra deicing runs. It's 35 and raining right now, so our snow is disappearing. Here's to hoping for a good winter everywhere.

15. Grn Mtn

curious, why only 2 resi's when you have 16" of accum listed?

16. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

Commercial Plowing-8
    Commercial Salting-15

We have a 1" trigger on all our accounts.

17. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

A big whopping 4 on resi's, and 5 for commercials. But it is only december, so there is more snow to gopayup

18. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Same Here...

I've plowed 3 storms one push for each residential...not counting a couple of cleanups and favors...So far I have built up 11 residentials and a semi-commercial account (It's a shop and yard for a small construction co. where the owner lives as well). Quoted another 2 accounts today...

19. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I've had 3 events 5", and two 3" all within a week to ten days. Better then the last few yrs for dec. Same thing here, it's early, and we got all of Jan, Feb, and part of march.

20. Grn Mtn

long range forecast says we are going to have a light jan, feb, heavy march.:dizzy: