1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Many Plows For 08'/09' Season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MnDLawn, Mar 26, 2009.

?

Pushes

1. 1-3

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. 4-6

10 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. 7-9

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. 10-12

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  5. 13-15

16 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. 16+

44 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

So how did this season measure up? How many pushes did you get?

2. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

6 pushes for me...sad, but I kicked a$$ compaired to last yr...only had 5...lol

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hit about 30 plows for the season with another month to go.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Including two over the last two days

SAD year
    SAD

5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

49 and add another 7 sidewalk clearing and sand/saltings. Total of 56 times I had to do something other than just go and check things out. Most of it in the beginning of the season. Still 2 weeks left of the contract.

6. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

You New Yorkers and your lake effect snow make me sick. Good for you though.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You guys from Pa.make me sick with no snow!:waving:

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Plowed 7 times which was pretty good for my area. Last winter i was out twice, which really dissapointed me. I would take 7 pushes every winter. It was nice to get back to avg snowfall here in jersey. :drinkup:

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

5 pushes and 15 salt events much better then last year...:drinkup:

10. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

I'll say it.....

I plowed ONE time....
    Thank god, the insurance is paid from the service repair, if it was not, i would have been in the hole....

at this rate next fall i am putting 2 of 3 plow trucks up for sale....

11. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

53 times here in Collingwood, shovellers were out 65 times lots of localized lake effect this year. 38 salt runs as well, very busy first half nice slow second half of the year.
    Corey

12. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

20 here, down from 32 last year and down about $16,000. But with snow it's never a sure bet.:drinkup:

13. karseneau012500

karseneau012500 Junior Member

Had between 16 Residential an 25 Commercial pushes here in Rochester NY "good ol lake effect". Started Off strong for DEC and JAN slowed way down past two months.

14. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

12-15 times this yr. up alot from last yr

15. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

It's funny how different things are from area to area. It appears that for most guys on here, a "push" is a series of plow jobs that result from a single snow fall/storm. I can't define things like that (if that's accurate), since a single snow storm here can vary from almost nothing to over a foot just a few miles away,.... which I'm sure is also the case in other areas too. But if a "push" is defined as a day when you go out & plow snow, whether one job, or non-stop for 18 hours,... whether it's from a recent snowfall, or the whole winter's accumulation,... then I guess I would have around 150 "pushes" in so far, with break-up not even having really started yet. (I had -6° F again this morning yet, April 2). I started this year on Sept 30th with about 8"-9" (first photo), and have had many jobs lately, on days when it's sunny & beautiful, just punching into & opening up homes & businesses that have been sitting dormant all winter. (2nd photo) I would estimate that I have plowed something on at least 80-85% of all the days since Sept 30, '08, to now. (Sept 30 - April 2 = 185 days @ 80% = 148). When I think about it like that,... using 2 older trucks that gave me 0 problems this winter, and only a few repairs on the plows (more modifications than repairs),.... plowing at least half that time at temps -20° or colder, (a few times colder than -50°),.... I'd have to say it's been a good year for me,.... as long as these dang volcanoes don't get out of hand, and end up making me plow volcanic ash,... :dizzy:

14 (Custom).JPG

BJ 4 (Custom).JPG

16. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

I had 14 snow events, and use 190 tons of road salt

17. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

10 pushes for me. About 30 miles south of boston. we usually average 6-7 events per year so i'm very happy with the season.

18. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Alaska Boss, most people consider a "push" to be a storm, usually when a upper level low moves through.

19. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

30 pushes here in Northern Ind.

Thank you lake effect snow from lake michigan !!

It was one of our better snow plowing seasons in a long time.

20. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Got a little more than 20. And we may be going out tomorrow or Monday to plow. Could definitely use the extra money.