1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many plows do you include in your seasonal contracts?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Pristine PM ltd, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

How guys, how many plows do you include in your seasonal contracts? I asked this question in the business forum but thought I might get a faster answer here. Thanks,

Jon

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

My commercial accounts are unlimited goes from nov1st to apr 30th. most close by 6pm fri. reopen mon morning so i have some time and i don't have to race over to plow them.

4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Do you have a way of figuring out what to charge after the 18? If you charged 1000 per month, would you divided 5000 by 18 and charge that?

Thanks,

Jon

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

You figure out what you want to make per hour.

Say, $100 / hour.

Then you figure out how long it'll take to plow a certain lot.

If it's going to take 1.5 hours, then it would be $150 / push.

You then multiply by the average of 18 pushes / year, total for the year, $2700.

Then divide by however many months your contract covers. Personally, I run it for 6 months, so my total / month would be $450 / month.

It doesn't matter if it snows 3 times that year, or 30, they still just pay the $450 / month.