1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many plowed in high school??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by F350plowing, Nov 20, 2009.

1. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

How many of you plowed in high school and how hard was it to get both in? i know someone who wants to and is a senior this year. so i wanted to give him an idea of how hard it will be.

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I did, I just didn't have as many, and did what I could and NEEDED to do before school, then I explained to my customers that I was still in school, and they were really cool about it.

3. F350plowing

Where you doing drives or commercial lots?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I plowed for my dad my junior and senior years. I ran a Plymouth Trail Duster with a 7.5' Meyer plow :cool:

It was easy to plow during the school year because whenever it snowed school was usually canceled.

My dad never paid me a dime. He said my payment was in the form of a bed to sleep in, food on the table and a roof over my head. I didn't mind, though, because I my love for plowing was greater than any money he could've given me.

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Drives, I wouldn't want to do commercial while in high school, college sure, but not high school, you don't have the freedom to leave when you need to.

6. F350plowing

the company that he is going to be plowing for is commercial lots only no drives and most of the lots are big ones

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

oh boy.......

8. F350plowing

thats why i asked i think it will be hard for him to plow and do school

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

yup I think so too

10. F350plowing

they have closed school 3 times in the last 10 years around hear and only 1 was for snow

11. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How many times were they 2 hours late? A 10:00 start time would give most people enough time to get their routes done.

12. F350plowing

as far as i know that never happened. but your right that would make a big difference from 7:30

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I plowed my Junior and Senior year. I just didn't have as many acounts as I do now.

14. F350plowing

i know the guy he will be plowing for and he said they have more accounts this year than they have had over there 30 years and all there drivers are looking at a 13-16 hour day on a 2-4 inch snow fall

15. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

If I had a high-schooler plowing for me, they would have to agree that if it's snowing...there is no school for that day...or days at that.

16. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

last year i plowed 7 drives and a bars parking lot during my junior year till i blew my transmission and was out for the season. i just had to get up really early and i loved every minute of it. being in highschool with a comercial account and getting into the bar (which had a dance club) for free was just awsome.

17. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

i plowed in high school i was a sub so when i got called out i missed school for the day :laughing: it was so much better then being in school

18. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Plow in the Bobcat start of high school, plowed in truck later on. we kept my route smaller to make sure I got it in, and even if I didn't whats a few classes here and there.

19. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

ALOT of people here GOT plowed in high school....lol

20. Deco

Deco Senior Member

just like riding a bike ......once you get the hang of it , boom ! dont let anyone tell you different , i'v been pushing since i was 15 . thats 28 years