1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many plow without angling

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by scooled101, Jan 12, 2009.

1. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

Just curious i have a plow on my little suv it doesn't angle right now and i seem to get things done pretty well with it. I am just wondering who else plows like this

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The only time I might plow with the blade straight is when I am trying to scrape a driveway clean, or backblading snow out from in front of a garage or out of handicap spaces or something like that. What sort of places are you plowing just out of curiousity?

3. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

driveways and long lanes mainly, most of the drives here are good size so i can zip around and get good straight pushes. I am debating on wings or some end caps just to help a little more.

4. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

A big storm On a long driveway, or a large area deep snow I will push the first couple or three shot strait just to move a lager amount of snow. Also if I am pushing snow to and area then coming from a different direction to move it to the pile I will push through the small pile strait blade the first couple passes just to get the most of it moved.

5. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

On steep drives with wet heavy snow I like to dump some off the side of the blade So I dont get stuck. Doing lots I angle a little so that there isn't as many trails to clean Pretty much the only time I have it strait when I am stacking. I even angle the blade when I am back dragging, only leaves one trail. Man I hate those things! Sorry if my words a slurred Have been plowing for over a week strait. Like nine days or something with one day off in the middle think I'm gonna go to bed now It's raining.

6. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I try to plow straight as much as possible. Even on large lots if I can do a slight arc, I keep the blade straight. It seems to scrape down to the asphalt better.

7. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

I appreciate you guys responding i was begining to feel like an outsider because my plow didnt angle even though it works for me right now. (The happy trails drive me nuts thats why i am thinking of wings or caps. how does angling the blade while back raking work out? I have DP on my plow so it orks pretty well dragging

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  8. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Straight or angled.... sure beats the heck outta shoveling! In my situations, I have to have my angles, makes life so much easier for me.