1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many old dodges still out there plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by packey, Dec 16, 2007.

1. packey

packey Member

I was wondering how many of you guys are running the old dodge trucks. Lets say pre 1993. Especially those that are Pre 81. Mine is a 1972 power wagon with a 318-3 industrial engine. 4 spd Stick 205 transfer cas and 8 3/4 posi rear end. The old girl still sits and rides lik a 3/4 ton. and with the upgraded charging system, ignition system and batteries she is fun to operate. Well that is all except for the manual steering. I will be adding strobes this week to her along with new custom plow lights. My plow is an old school cable operated Mark III. This plow was oe for the truck in 1972. I am still looking to buy or build wings for her. I plow 2 apt complexes 1 Condo complex 1 dentist office 1 church and 7 residentials. Hopefully I can get some pick of this old girl she is not pretty but she is tough.

2. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Yeah am still running an 74 Power wagon, 400 and auto 3/4 ton with NorthMan PLow :redbounce

Plowing.JPG

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

:rolleyes:nice
    my 74 power wagon/ sno commander is still plowing too.
    With her factory equipted Meyer's plow.

74 was a good year....:waving:

4. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

about half of mine is pre 81 the body rotted off so we replaced it with a 86 frame, rears, transfer case are all still from the 75 motor trans were both rebuilt, plow has had some new hoses and cyl work done.

5. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

We have a 82' 250 at work beat to hell...it keeps on goin' ! I'll get pics of it.

6. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

77 W150 Club Cab, 8' bed, 400, Auto.

Plow was installed in 1978 (paperwork still in the glove box)....and it's been plowing ever since.

I bought it off of the 2nd or 3rd owner with 54k miles on it (several years ago) . Aside from basic maintenance and 1 trans overhaul, it's been a workhorse! It's finally getting rusty enough that it's going to need some serious body/rust replacement. But it still pushes snow GREAT!

:salute:

7. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

I've got an 87 W250 that my dad bought new. 360 (holley 600cfm, edelbrock perf.intake, RV cam, hedman headers, massaged stock heads, 2.5 duals, no cats) 435, 208, 44 front, welded 60 rear. it doesn't have a single straight body panel on it, and has earned every dent. I thrash this poor truck, and it just goes and goes and goes.
    last winter I broke the mainshaft in the 435, and a week later the 208 did a nice impression of a grenade!
    I love this truck. I don't know what it is about old Dodges...but they're the best plows out there.
    anybody have a 440/727/205 combo for sale?

all the pics I have are too big to upload. if I ever figure out how to resize them (I'm computer stupid) then I'll post some

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

all you guys need to share pics it sounds like youve got some sweet old trucks.

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  10. packey

packey Member

I love that 46 power wagon I thought about taking the cab and front end of one of the older trucks like that and putting it on a 93 diesel chassis and making a plow truck out of Her. I used to have a sign shop with a 52 cab over that was on a 91 chasis with bucket. It really gets the attention of those customers

11. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I have a '92 with the Cummins. Great truck.
    I'll try and get some pics.

12. tinymitymo

tinymitymo Member

My Dakota count???

1992 x-cab 318 w/snoway 24d......

Works good:drinkup:

13. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Please post some more pics...I'd love to see these older Dodges!!

14. RODHALL

RODHALL Senior Member

15. GroundsMaintain

GroundsMaintain Junior Member

Yeah. My '77military powerwagon runs like a bear.

torqueflite 727
    Complete with the buttboard package (Military Leaf Springs all around). No loose fillings allowed while riding in her.

16. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

I ran my 90 26 hours this past weekend

17. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Check out MetroLawn, He runs an entire fleet of them. I want an original Power wagon BADDDDD some day I will be cool enough to have one.

18. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

I run an 84 w-350 4 door wiyh an 8ft utility body , 8ft meyers ez and just bought a 91 w-350 ctd 35ft buckrt truck with a meyers conv. on it..

19. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a 74 1/2 shortbox and a 77 w400 and they work better than the newer trucks. i will try to get pics of them tomorrow.

20. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

Here is my 89 W250 Sno-Commander, mostly stock 318 with 75000 original miles, 33" Dunlop Radial Rovers, Exhaust, Automatic, Loves the snow and the beach, loves the beach in the summer and the snow in winter... Total animal... Not in pic is my 7.5' Meyer with E-60 pump...

small file.jpg

small file 2.jpg