1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Many of you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BOSSMAN21, Jul 2, 2010.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Hey guys I was just curious. But I was wondering how many of you guys kept your shiney wheels on during the winter months. I honestly dont have a set of designated snow tires and I was thinking on used my regular tires this year they are Wild Country Mud Terrains. Any input is appreciated.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Mud tires are not that good for snow plowing. go to the junk yard and get a set of rims and some SNOW tires

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

To each his own... I plow with the same tires I drive on all year round... Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's (mudders). I have found them to be great in the snow, especially deep snow.

It would be nice to have 2 sets of rims and tires, but I just can't justify the additional cost since I usually only plow 5-6x each year.

Just my $0.02

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i run bfg's all year. to many other things to do in the spring and fall to worry about changing the treads. plus the bfg's have been great

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

ya i just use the BFG AT and they work great, except when pushing piles of wet snow, i have to turn it to 4 lo but i dont know if thats the tires fault..

6. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

Definity Dakota A/T's are kick ass! run them on my trucks