1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you guys have websites?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by dirtwork, Jan 19, 2006.

1. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

How many of you guys have websites and what kind of responses have you received? It seems like a conveinent way to show you customer you are a proffessional and some of your work.
  2. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I have one. Some of my newer customers have gone into it and read my references, which I believe is the reason for getting them as a customer. As far as getting new customers just from my site, I don't think I have. These customers actually came from direct mailings and my web site was on the mailers for them to see and to check out my references. This is mostly for the caretaking end of the business.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

website as a tool

you'll find that you won't get many (if any) clients because of the website alone. What you really need it for is a way for people to see your work, and answer some questions they may have but don't necessarily want to talk to you first? In other words, you advertise all around with your website listed, customer X see's your ad but wants to know a little more about you so they check the website. After reviewing your tremendous before and afters they call you up for an estimate.

Your current customers also like being able to tell friends to go to the site and check out their work in progress.
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

5. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Nice site big dog, Only one question. In the "Maintenance" pic, why is the guy on the Walker going the wrong direction? Looking at the stripe he should be going the other direction. :drinkup:
  6. We have a site (currently being upgraded to "flash") and it's been very well recieved. All of our systems are electronic, so technology works well for us. Plus, our clients love being able to use technology to stay in contact with us. We actually have had a ton of inquiries every time we get a snow fall because a lot of people use google and yellowpages.com so our site comes right up with certain keywords.
  7. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I've had one job come strickly from my site. Others have said they looked it over after they got my name. I do get an email every month or so to give an estimate. Worth the time and money in this day and age.
  8. RayGauthier

RayGauthier Member

I have one !

I have a web site to works great and people can see and get info before calling and see your work .I had Rob from this form make it very good and at a very good price. Email me and I can get a hold of him if you want ?
  9. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

I think in this day in age you need a web site. Its a great way for your current clients to read updates or just send a referral to see what your company is about. Also there are to many people that are phone shy, meaning they don't know what questions to ask so they can go to the your site look it over then call or use the web site to ask questions, they feel more comfortable.
  10. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Never noticed it in that pic before. It was a pic that appeared in our local paper about 4-5 years ago.

Every one in a while we will "cut against the grain" to keep the grass from being laid over one way too long, we also rotate the pattern 45 degrees on maos accounts every week. That particular site is a big hill and we cant do much besides cutting against the grain.
  11. 2_Djinn

2_Djinn Senior Member

Just messing with ya big dog D....

Ya know it needs to snow when your board enough to notice stuff like that. LOL :gunsfiring:
  12. Website

Dirtwork the big misleading factor about a website is a lot of people try to make their company seem bigger and better than they really are. Another issue with a website is most companys do not have their website indexed in the top search engines........so a professional website does you no good if nobody can find it on the net.

Word of mouth and good reputation is all you need for snow removal.:nod:

I used to own this company, www.motomafia.com until 2005. The current owner has not kept the website up and their are a lot of blank or missing pages now, but it will give you an idea of the clean web development I do. If anyone needs COMPLETELY FREE help with websites please email me at dave@proworkz.com

I can do all types of graphic design work, forums, video production and anything else related to web development.... And Charles this is not a ADD FOR WORK...!!!! I have enough money, believe that......:nod:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  13. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Nice site, and great work. Just the right amount of content.
    BTW you have a Z28 logo there, what year do you have, or had?
  14. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

Well my website is now under construction and i will let you know once we get it finished. I decided to do it, because I felt it would be an easy way to show potential customers examples of my work along with testimonials from some of my well known clients. Most of my commercial work is also corresponded through emails, so this will allow me to use my own server rather then having a hotmail account. Thanks for your responses!

15. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

I gots me one of those its an 86' with the iroc package oh and a 91'vette motor pushing about 400hp unfortunately that 700r4 was not built to handle that and it only has one gear now. even neutral is a forward gear
  16. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

17. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Did you guys build those sites yourselves or pay someone to do it? If you did them yourselves, what program did you use?

18. We pay someone. Our old site is still up, but he's working on a new one.
  19. Dave, give me a call: (586) 228-7401 any time, day or night. Time doesn't matter. Thanks.

20. SwiftSnow&Salt

SwiftSnow&Salt Member

and I know...it looks like it. I did it one evening (maybe 2 hours). Hopefully, by next year I will get some pics of my shop, other equipment and some of my properties (before/after snow).

And I agree, a website isn't a necessity for snow removal. When I had my truck lettered the guy asked me if I had a website, If so, he could make a decal for bug deflector. I went home that night and looked into it, (mydomain.com) $9.95 per month. I actually got 2 customers from it this year. only other advertising I do is local newspapers.

Al Muisenga