1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many of you cant sleep well?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mega cab, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

Just wondering if anyone else wakes up and can goes back to sleep? I wake up thinking about all of my accounts.

2. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

That is what Im awake doing right now bud.......... woke up at 1:00 am and been awake for 3.5 hours thinking about snow............. Problem I wish I didn't have...... Same when there is a storm coming and I try to get plenty of sleep before the storm.... Nope, cant ever sleep!!! LOL

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No problem sleeping .

4. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

What I should be doing if I cant sleep is hitting the 24 hour gym down the road. But I save that for later in the day sometimes.

5. Super Mech

Super Mech Member

I have the same problem. Can't sleep before it snows, can't sleep thinking about jobs I have to do at my shop, worrying about how to make money and pay bills, sucks.

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Same here. But, millions of useless people are counting on us to pay taxes. Big responsibility.

7. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Got the same problem.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I'm long past the can't sleep phase.

Now I have problems waking up.

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'm with you If weather conditions looking bad I'm up 2-3 times a night checking radar. I set the laptop next to my bed.

But if they are calling for snow say at midnite I don't even go to bed. I never could sleep before a storm. Most time I'll go to the shop and check everything out on the equipment.

Now my employees I call them and I get them out bed.

One of these days I'll sleep during a snow storm but I'll be 6ft under

10. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

11. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

No problem sleeping here.:sleeping:

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

And that's why you have rubber sheets on your bed now!:nono:

13. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I have come to discover that there are so many things that go bump in the night, I just want to go back to a simpler time when all I had to worry about were monsters under the bed!

14. Father & Daught

Father & Daught Junior Member

I have not sleep well at all this week. Here in Indiana. We are less than 48 hrs from our first major storm and I still am not sure if the old plow truck will be ready. It has been in the shop for 3 weeks.

15. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I sleep fine but once in a while I psych myself out by convincing myself I set the alarm wrong, or I didn't set it, or I won't hear it. Then I wake up every 20 and double check the alarm, and radar.

16. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Sleep

I also have a tough time sleeping, I love when it snows, look forward to it all season, except when get storms back to back that sucks

17. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I go through the same thing. It sucks!

18. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Prior to a storm, I drink a few beers with dinner (3 or so) then after a couple hours to digest, I hit the sack. Alarm is usually set for anywhere from 1-4 am depending on when the storm is coming in. If I wake up early, that's usually about it, as I'm too excited to sleep, thinking about my route. I love being out in the early hours during a storm, as it's only me, the other plow dudes, and a few cops or twsp workers. All the dickheads are sleeping until around 6:00 am and then they're out in droves getting in my way. I prefer the silence of the AM hours.

Normally, can't sleeping isn't one of my issues. My head hits the pillow, and I'm out.... for about 3 hours, then my kickstand wakes me up and off to drain while sleepwalking, tripping over the dogs on the floor, accidentally kicking the cat in the hallway because he wants to eat and I'm not looking down. Some nights it's twice a night (after another 3 hours) have to pee again !

Hey guys.... Don't let your prostate get old, as you'll have to pee more often......:nono:

Actually, it's just my habit of drinking like a fish with dinner. 4-5 glasses of water, a beer or two, and the night activities are set in motion.

At least my kickstand still works..Thumbs Up

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Funny I find this at 2am when I'm supposed to be sleeping to head out at 3.

Once winter starts, sleep schedule is gone. Even if there is no chance of snow, I'm up all night obsessing over something at least distantly related to it.

But can't we all admit that when we get those rare 50+ degree days during the winter, and we can let our guard down, you sleep more soundly than you can even remember? Wind down, enjoy actual peace for a day or two..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  20. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

That's so true. I remember New Years Eve 6-7 years ago when it was near 60 out. Not a big fan of going out then but it was nice not worrying about it. But still nice to go out and be working.