1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many miles?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dirtboy953B, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Just wondering what the highest amount of miles any one has ever had,seen,heard of on a 7.3 powerstroke?

2. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

friend of mine has a fabrication company, and he just got rid of one that had 346000mi on it and it was still pluggin along

3. frozenokiewi

frozenokiewi Junior Member

Powerstroke miles

Dirtboy I was in the market for an excursion with a 7.3 and saw one on ebay with 460k on it and I know a few guys with 7.3's at a logging company by my cabin. They all have well over 250k on all of them.ussmileyflag

4. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

drove a few ambulances with 350k plus

several transmissions though, but the motor still purrrrs

5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I heard or a guy on thedieselstop that has over 700k on his 2002 7.3. I saw a odometer pic online of someone that has 727k on their 01 duramax. I read an article of some guy that has over 1 million miles on his 95 dodge cummins. I believe those, there was credible info to back them up. Ive heard rumor of over a million on some 7.3s and 1.25million on a old dodge cummins

6. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

I have 275K on mine.....and i to have heard of 7.3. powerstroke hitting 700K

7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

They will run forever as long as you don't mind putting money in them along the way. They are like anything man makes some will treat you good and some will be problems. They are a great investment but spend some money on a good tranny to last with them.

8. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

There have been a few that have been rumored to hit the million mile mark with out a major overhaul, 500k plus has been done.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I know a guy that had one that went 600k before he had to touch it. And he used it hard for plowing and masonry. That's why I am buying one!

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Of course these mileages are only for stock motors, don't expect to get that out of a motor that has been modified.

11. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

i have 285k on my 7.3 with the original tranny and this is its 4th year plowing

12. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

400k or more is common, one million is do-able with a lot of care

I saw a 99 at an auction (looked like a former Uhaul possibly) it had 311k and started like a new one.

My two trucks are running 200k and 282k right now.

13. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I was just looking on autotrader at some high mileage 6.0s. One had 375k and the other had 440k, both 2004s. There was a handful between 300 and 350k. Thats impressive to me, mostly what I hear about that motor is bad things. Maybe ill look into a 06-07 for my next truck since I dont like all the new emmisions crap on the new diesels

14. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

i found 2 7.3 here that have less than 90k in 02 f250 for 17k and 15k that i'm looking at

15. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

are you one of those people who come to a complete stop before shifting from forward to reverse? :jester:

16. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

No:drinkup:

17. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I drove a supply unit at a private ambulance company I work at that has 398K miles on a 7.3PSD. It throws some smoke out the exhaust. But it does start and go down the road.

18. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

are those good deals or they asking to much

19. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

My 7.3 turbo just turned 217k but runs like it has 10k :)

20. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I would need more information, but that doesnt sound awful.