1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many miles...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by WinnEnterprises, Jan 29, 2007.

1. WinnEnterprises

WinnEnterprises Member
    from KCMO

What is the most miles any of you have seen on a Duramax that is still running strong? They have a reputation of being "disposable" (no re-build), so what have you guys seen people get out of them?

2. kysnowman

kysnowman Member

10k is about it!:nod:

3. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Most iv seen in person is bout 200 k but iv heard of people with alot more, Iv always wondered if the duramax could last as long as my 95 powerstroke with 430k and still go with out any major work. :cool:

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Pop over to dieselplace.com There are guys over there with some high mileage Dmaxs.

5. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

if you take good care of your truck, regular maintenance and don;t beat on it, it's last you a real long time, a friend of mine has a duramax dually with 220k, mostly highway miles but it still has the power the break the tires loose...

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Wait let me use my phsycic abilities, you kysnowman must drive a dodge ctd to post that about a duramax.:angry: :gunsfiring:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

bosses work truck daily driver just had all 8 injectors done at under 100k. and he was still in warrenty zone buy a few thousand. good thing to. the book time at the dealer was about 22 hrs to change them.

makes me want to go out and buy one . not. give me a cummins any day. and swap it in to a older chevy then i will be happy.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I know of a local guy that had to finally have the motor done at 415,000 miles in an 02 Duramax 4x2 dually. However that is mostly highway miles pulling trailer if that helps

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Same for me, except i dont quite have the funding to do that as of yet, id like to though

10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I have a friend that has a 02 Duramax with 325,000miles and uses it for work every day..

11. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen one with 215,000 on it. My friends dad had a 1997 F-350 Dually 4x2 7.3 PSD he used for hauling trailers all over the country; when he traded it in, it had 453,000 with no major engine work. ;)