1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many Hyd hoses ?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Sep 14, 2011.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i am working on an old IL DOT truck (28,000gvwr) that has hyd's for a plow and salter. The old mount plate at the rear of the truck has 3 hoses ...would that be the right number for a v-box or tailgate spreader?
    Steve

2. Can run either they used a single return line you will need a tee on the spreader side to join them

3. xtreem3d

one of the fittings has a capped off Tee which i thought was weird. Can you explain a little bit about the hoses flow?
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. two hoses going to the spreader one for the auger one for the spiner. One hose is a return this should be the biggest hose

5. xtreem3d

thanks..i wiil look harder at it tomorrow,
    Steve

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Some trucks will have 4 hoses going to the back and some 3. On 3 hose system you will have a supply line for the auger and a supply line for the spinner. The return hose for the auger and spinner will be Tee'd together and go back to the tank. On a 4 hose system the supply lines will be the same but they will both have their own return lines.