1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Many Hrs You Think

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by TPC Services, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I was wanting to get some of your guys input on how many hours it will take to clear snow for this property I'm hoping the image shows up I attached it to the paper clip and uploaded it and this is saying its attached?
    :yow!:

10400 hickman(fergusan 1).JPG

10400 hickman(fergusan 1).JPG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  2. TPC Services

yaaaaaa !!!! it worked I'm not hopeless when it comes to computers (LOL):dizzy:

since it work i'm going to post a couple more pic's that I have

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I wouldn't go that far. I'll give ya a call tomorrow I'm still trying to catch up from vacation. These places look huge.

4. TPC Services

there good size, there no firestone warehouse, the old super value is large, and the one on dixon, got good feeling with this comp may get a few she was pretty inpressed with comp info and my computer skills with polk county assesor page (LOL)

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm guessin' your gonna have a couple of trucks in there for a good 1.5-2.0 hrs each.

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

i could do it in 20min

btw i have a new number 515-313-6505

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Where they want the snow piled, will make a big diff in time.

8. TPC Services

yes all the docks and between the trailers will need clear out,

joe, 20 mins? theres 18 pass's with a 8'2" v plow on the 660' x 150' run not counting back draging between trailers and docks in less u got a new trick i have not learn yet (LOL) u get that done in 20 min I would be able to retire

I've got another thread with two other properties on it would like your guy's input on them too.

9. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with these guys, where do they want the snow? will there be any vehicles? etc. etc. If there is 2"-4" of snow it will take 1 truck with an 8' blade 6-7 hrs, or 4-5 hrs with a 9' blade. Thats only if you get 2-4" of snow. Maybe you and another truck doing the 750'x 150' and 2 other guys doing the 660'x150'. Are you just plowing? Good luck Rich

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

6-7 hours with a truck? I wouldn't bet on it.

11. Quality SR

Thats with 1 truck with a 8' straight blade.. With 2-4" of snow.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Yup, and once the loading docks are half-filled with trailers, he's going to have 2-3 hours just pulling those out. Then he has to carry all that snow to the end because of limited areas to store it.

13. Quality SR

I know exactly what you are saying Mark. He asked how many hours it would take to plow this lot. it will take that long to plow that lot with no obstacles, with 2-4" of snow add another 2-3 for the loading dock. So he will at least need 3 guys plus him self. Rich