1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours this winter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Longae29, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Just finished going through all the log sheets for the 10-11 season.

Plowing/Salting Hours:
    Top: 405
    2nd: 317

Sidewalk Crews:
    Top: 223 (each guy)
    2nd: 155

Not a bad winter for Southeastern Wisconsin.

2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

right around 250..we had 2 events in Nov, 2 Dec, 16 in Jan, 18 Feb, 0 march, 1 in april

weird winter around here!

3. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

right around 250..we had 2 events in Nov, 2 Dec, 16 in Jan, 18 Feb, 0 march, 1 in april

weird winter around here!

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Good for you! :salute: I'm currently working on our 1\23\11 outing. I still have a log way to go. :cry:

Do you not do sidewalks on all your sites?

Seems to be a disparity between the walk guys vs the salt/plow guys?

5. Longae29

I've been working on it pretty steadily for the past 3 weeks. Now that I have every number from every job, its time to start making some sense of what went on...where we made $$ and where we need to improve. :dizzy:

We don't do sidewalks on all sites, and the sidewalk crew is composed of 2 people, sometimes 3, so you're getting double the production. Our sidewalk crews are also pretty experienced, and each crew has an atv, so efficiency is great.

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

How long are your routes & average snowfall ? Thats alot of snowfalls, we only run 4-5 hour routes.

7. Longae29

Routes vary. We have a nice mix of early openers and late openers for most routes. We also have mostly low tolerance sites, so there are times when a route could include 3-4 saltings during the day with a plow and salt cleanup at night. Average here is 52'', we got about 60'' this year.

8. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Did about 110 hours in my tractor and my best guess would be another 75-100 in my pick up. About 50% more than last year

9. heman

heman Member

Over 500 here, between plowing roads and hauling snow. Gotta love plowing over 1m and it's all melted and collected. See ya next year!!!!!

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Most of our main line equipment got at least 600 hours on each of them, it was a very profitable year here can only hope for the same next winter.

11. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

756 and rising for me, another foot of snow today. Lots of plow hours, bobcat hours and endless shovel time with a tad bit of blowpak and snowblower thrown in for good measure. All the guys are well into 500 hours as well.

12. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

too many, lol :sleeping:

13. heman

heman Member

I have to admit, I'm ready for spring. Snowed yesterday but melted 35 degrees, no money being made that way!!!!!

14. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

700+ for the loader
    400-500 for each skidsteer
    approximately 500-600 man hours x by ten guys

One very profitable year

15. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

287.7 hours - One guy many driveways and ~30 walkways/sidewalks.
    Must have been my busiest year-first time tracking.

16. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

tymusicDont know yet cuz Im still involved in snow removal ice control. Got a massive system moving in up here may be up to 6 inches snow or 1/2 inch of ice coming in.tymusic:waving:

17. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Added 26 hours to my last total thanks to the last snowfalls. That makes 782 and I bet we are not done yet. Even the damn gopher have gone back into hibernation.

18. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Didn't get enough hours to pay the bills this year. Only 30% of average for snowfall.

19. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

You guys want to make me cry, we had a "bad" winter here, I think I may have logged 30-40 hrs total (stretching a little to show off)..

I really think I need to head up north to sub for one of you guys if I want to make any money whit the plow.. But I have 2 really good customers that I have to take care of, both take me at least 30 minutes to do, including drive time as they are 3 miles apart LOL..

But I know that I would be considered a "rookie" since you all do things alot different then we do down here as we have melt off after just a few days, no stacking at all... I would have to be learned the ways of the north :)

20. Tubby's Snow Plowing

Tubby's Snow Plowing Senior Member

I had around 400 hours. 110 hours were done by a sub of mine. I did the rest.