1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours so far....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RdTeK, Mar 13, 2010.

1. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Hey guys...this has been one of the slackest winters for snow I can remember since I started into the snow removal....just wondering what you guys have on the gear for hours this winter.....94 hours on JD 6430 so far for 140 driveways.....all contracted.....last year was 255 hours.

2. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

good year for you I'd say!

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I think we got about 110 hours plowing this year.

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

my bobcat normally gets about 115 hours a season. this year.. 22
    and I would have to say most of that is idleing inbetween loading sand/salt

In total I think the guys only have 70 hours but they are paid seasonal but still.
    thats for salt/sand plowing sidewalks and anything to do with snow

5. Chevy03dump

Chevy03dump Member

Interesting question. I figured mine at 141.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

just over 250 on the trucks and 150 on the tractor... But the tractor gets shut off when the operators shovelling so it would be alot more...

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I stopped counting after 250

8. capitalsnow

capitalsnow Member

around, 250hrs but most of them are becasue I do alot of blowing at snow dumps for a day or two after we get snow. compared to last year which i had around 480hrs( and that was only a moderate winter)

9. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

i have around 200

10. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Around 250 on skid loaders.

11. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I put on around 160 hours on the new tractor.

12. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

I put 200 hrs on the 6420. The F550 probably has double that as it gets used for small snow falls and salting, I would know better if ford would put an hour meter in it. Alot less than last year.
    Corey

13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

not enough, i think i got around a total of 75 this season on punch cards

14. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

I haven't moved a drop of snow since Mar 6'th.....pressure washed everything and it's ready for summer storage......thanks for the replies....was just curious how busy peeps were this winter.

15. jhook

jhook Senior Member

We had winter already? I didn't notice.

Lets just say that last year I put about 14,000 kms on my pickup plowing snow over the winter. This year about 5,000. My main guy usually puts in about 600 hours a winter and this year like 200. Didn't count mine, wasn't worth it.

16. kcress31

kcress31 Senior Member

It's been extremely slow here for snow as well. We bought a new bobcat around Dec 1st and put about 25 hrs on it plowing snow for the season. I put another 45 hrs on it from sweeping in the last week for a grand total of 70 hrs. Our other machines have probably got 50 - 75 hrs or so for the winter. In our last three winters we were averaging about 350 - 400 hrs per machine.

17. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

approx 200hrs in a bobcat at an average speed of 5MPH both blowing and plowing, just added up a total of 11 feet of snow fell ...thank god its over!!