1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours have you spent in your truck on this last storm?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SpruceLandscape, Mar 9, 2008.

1. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

Hey guys, I just finished up 77.5 hours in my truck in the last 4.5 days!:dizzy:
    Did all that with just 2 breaks for rest due to the weather keeping us busy.
    Its been nonstop plowing in that thing with the exception of (1) 1 hour breakfast break, and 3 fuel/coffee stops, along with a bunch of other coffee stops lol.
    Ever get that feeling like you are still moving when you get off of a treadmill? Same thing here when I got out of my truck lol
    Anyways, hope everyone had prosperous week with this past storm and everything went OK.
    Only casualty on my truck was Passenger side mirror was taken off by the corner of the house, but after that much time on the road, I consider it the cost of doing business.

I plowed probably 18 hrs. 4 on fri all of sat. most of sun. My usual route takes 3 hours, but there was plenty of extra work this weekend.
  3. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

wow, your seat must have a nice dent in it! Earning around 75$-100$/hr, think you've made yourself 7000$? (before expenses of course)
  4. digsahole

digsahole Junior Member
    from zone 5

I have 21 hrs in the saddle WOW what a storm i have'nt seen this amount so fast in a long time on my list of caulsautis is some turf damage off the side of a driveway I'll half to fix that and one deer he lived but took a beating

1996 Chevrolet GK1 7.5 meyer
    one shovel 50lbs push spreader
  5. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

22 hours in the cab the past few days...makin money but this storm took its toll

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I did the same thing 3 days in a row also. And honestly you guys can keep it. With the amount of snow we got this year, I am sick of it and I want to mow grass now. Were close to 115 inch mark where I live. And no snow in sight for the next week and a half. WOOOO WHOOOOOOO!
  7. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

23 hours averaged $126 per hour
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm standing as I type this!
  9. green frog

green frog Senior Member

27 hrs out of a possible 40. And just took a call for a plowed in mini van in Akron. Its seems most burbs got around 26 inches, I guess that makes up for being under the yearly average of snowfall.
  10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

i spent 30 min driving to work and 30 min driving home from work. in the rain.
  11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed for total of 60 hours this weekend. 38 of those were straight. Yep I get that feeling. When you get out of your truck it feels weird to walk, and like you've never done it before lmao. Just loved the people who called askin to get their driveways cleaned[ people that arent on my normal route] and they think as soon as they call were gonna come and plow their drives] Few of them called me 3 times. All of those times i told them that I am way backed up on my route and that I have seasonal costomers that get done before them.And they just said .. O .....OK...... 1 hour later. they call again. lmao. Some people man..
  12. slept in

missed the time change
    woke up to blue sky and sunshine
    same as the whole week,..nothin up here
    and nothin heading this way,..
    plan B (maintenance work)

good luck and be safe
    tc,Jetta and KC

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That is a regular accourance. And I hate it when people do that, I usually tell them I can take down your address and I will get to when I can, but I do have other clients that have to come before you, and your going to be last on the list, and when I get there I need cash upfront before I start. They will usually agree with me but sometimes they think I am heading there when I am on the phone with them. Its crazy.
  14. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

The most hours i had this year was 24 hours straight. but we have only had under 30" this year so i havent had much work lately. i dont know how you guys can go more than 24 hours straight i couldnt keep the truck in a straight line after 24 hours i called it quits before i got into an accident.
  15. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Spent 26 hours out of 36 in the truck. Did 4 new contracts I have never seen before. Did a Staples all by myself with 18 inches on it. Did 10 drives.
    Wondered why truck went through the first half of a tank of gas so fast. Last fill up without wind I smell gas,gotta a hole in tank!
    Drivers door hinges worn out, now door will not latch without lifting door.
    Got a front drive train vibration at highway speeds.
    Noticed oil puddles in drive, pan has PowerStroke pan syndrome!
    Power steering goes 5 hr between fill ups, o rings shot on high pressure line.
    Trucks pissed it knows this is it's last storm, the truck trader magazine on the seat gave it away!
  16. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

17. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

70 for me the lady at the gas station asked if i was ok she said i was not walking striate .I got sick 1st day haven't eaten in three days drinking gin gerale .
  18. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Got in my truck @ 7am Friday and got home at 5pm Sunday. Slept for a couple of hours (in the truck), but otherwise the only time out of the truck was filling up @ $4.249/gal ::realmad:, bathroom breaks, shoveling, and babysitting a drunk while waiting for the cops to show up after he wrecked his car, 3 light poles, and a traffic sign at 4am yesterday!
  19. ram4x443015

ram4x443015 Senior Member

36 hrs for me broke a a frame bent a bumper and the boss bent the sides on the stake bed but it was a fun one we got about 15 inch :dizzy:
  20. lehmand1

lehmand1 Member

36 hours for me too 4pm friday til 4am sunday, then had to sleep and be at my regular job at 7pm sunday night for a 12hr shift.