1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours have you put in this season?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowish10, Mar 1, 2014.

?

how many hours plowing snow ?

1. less than 100 hours

4.8%
  2. 100-150 hours

17.7%
  3. 150-200 hours

14.5%
  4. 200- plus hours

62.9%
  1. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Wondering how many hours y'all have put in plowing this season. I have so far 130 hours.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Over 200 here. Closer to 300

3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Plowing......not all that many. Working in general....on the snow end of things....a freaking lot. average of 80 hrs a week

4. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

its probably well over 200 hours by now...i have it written down somewhere...

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know my exact hour count right now, but I've put 520hrs on my truck since Dec 1st.

6. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Want to trade hours pat?? I see a new truck in your future ha

7. 1olddogtwo

Think that remote start is acting up......LOL

Got 1300 hrs on my 7 month old truck.

8. 1olddogtwo

Waiting for the 15's to hit the lots before I decide If they perform with the new upgrades, I may trade in. I really like the current unit I have now. About to break 30,000 and the busy season is about to break.

9. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You trade more for the hours you spend idling don't you?

10. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Has to be between 200-300..

I know one event i clocked 40 hours in the truck this season..

Have beat the heck out of all my trucks this season

11. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I answered for just plowing..snow work after the storm like roofs and stuff has probably been another 100 hours

12. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

I haven't done a proper tally yet, nor do I want too. over 300, but under 500. Maybe I should tally that up.

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I had a week in December that I put in at least 100 hours. It was close to or at 60 the first 3 days of that week.

14. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Over 450 in the tractor/blower.... closing in on 500.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

More then I want to.

16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Between plowing, loading, salting and filling in for dead beat sidewalk guys I bet I have well over 700 hours. A few storms lasted a couple days straight. Ive been an absolute zombi this season and hating it! We went out this morning and its snowing like hell out now :realmad:

17. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I have 160 hours We have 278

18. Chineau

Chineau Senior Member

My s250 I put about five hundred hours on it this season,all but about fifty put on by me and that is because I was operating something else. This winter has been insane,a test in every which way. I would have to check work sheets for billable hours for shovel/snow blower work. Every plow boy's dream.

19. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Let's see - since Nov. 15 is 112 days. It's a 24 hour a day job until April 15. You eat, drink, and sh!t this job for that time period. Sleep - maybe 4 hours a night if there's no weather. Otherwise sleep waits until spring.

But I know what you're asking by this poll - we have put well over 200 hours on all equipment parked on site, and that is only reflective of when we're pushing snow. Never mind cleanup plows due to drifitng (where equipment usually doesn't get dispatched, just catch it with the trucks) and any of the time on salt apps, or reloaction and loader work. If I look at the time that myself and lead foreman have put in since Nov. 15 - we're all over 750 hours.

20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Let me put it this way. MY truck alone (plow and salt truck only, no other uses) is up around 4000kms on the odometer this winter (based on my license plate stickers odometer reading for my bday in December). I have a very, very tight route and nowhere, even my salt supplier, is more than 10km from home base...

This should tell you how much distance I cover going back and forth in parking lots...

This is NOT including the other trucks and their more occasional mileage...