1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many hours did you log

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smcunningham, Feb 16, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

My main account is the department of homeland security on the corner of mass and nebraska ave. in washington d.c.............I was ther from 4:00am tuesday untill 3:00 p.m Weds..........35 straight hours.........The rest of my acounts are in Burtonsville Md and Taneytown M.D..........my other accounts I subed out...........total hours subed out was 27
    So how straight hours were you guys at one account........For the record I'm actually a sub
    for Brickman @ the Department of homeland security
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I logged in 43 hour in the truck on all my accounts and had a skid loader running with me for 12 hours moving snow piles. Steve
  3. GTMS

GTMS Senior Member

thirty eight hours straight here, then four hours sleep and another twenty some. my brother-in-law was in charge of the sidewalk crew and taking pictures, man i'm gonna have to give him lessons. his pictures sucked so bad I can't use the most of them. I got the camera back and I told him, dam* man, it's got a screen, review the things to make sure you got what you (I) wanted.
  4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

Monday to thursday afternoon. Then thursday night to friday night.

Trucks ran non stop the entire time. Got in a few 1 hour naps but left the truck running to stay warm.
  5. JSLandscaping

JSLandscaping Junior Member

I started roughly 10pm tuesday night, and went non stop til 2am thursday morning. Then went home and slept for 3 hours, showered, and went back out at 5am til about 5pm yesterday pushing back drifts and resalting....added up was roughly 60 hours in the truck for this storm. My 2 subs logged in about 30 hours each. Sure did feel good to sleep last night. You cant beat the pay tho when the white gold falls from the sky, this was a very very profitable storm for me. Hope everyone made out as well as I did......now lets get another storm just like that, nice light powder, spread out over a day and a half. payup payup payup

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I am way short of everyone else, but I logged 14 hours from Wednesday morning through Thursday morning. Then Thursday afternoon I did another 3 hours, and then this morning I pushed back some of my piles and got a call to go do a driveway that had not been done yet (owners are selling). That was a fun one. About 8" of frozen slush. So I did another 2 hours total today. So all together I did 19 hours, not including the two hours washing and putting everything away.
  7. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I started Wednesday morning at 3 am and was home in bed by Thursday morning at 11 am. so about 32 hours. not including taking the plow off and cleaning the truck
  8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Well, first day was spent preparing for the storm, loading salt, changing fluids etc... but not entirely straight work... but kept going thru the storm, up for 39 hours straight (the last two were a quickie Valentine's dinner with my date) and then a 3 hour crash in bed. Up again for another 12 hour shift, followed by a 6 hour sleep and another 12 hour shift... after that I stopped keeping track, I was getting so out of it...

Still dealing with drifting the past two nights too....

I'm looking forward to a good, long sleep...!!
  9. bamaa

bamaa Junior Member
    from NH

No biggie only 21 hr's maybe the the next one, I hope
  10. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

42 straight then 2.5 hours sleep then 12 more for me. My other truck ran 24 straight then he chickened out, headed to bed and came back the next day for 6 more. While he was out I slept around 6 hours then did clean up work for a the rest of the day. Good times:dizzy:
  11. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

plowed 38 straight hours with no sleep.I stopped once for fuel and once to get a quick meal at the house.My old record was 27 straight hours.None of my subs had the indurance that I had.After about 12 hours the whining started.Oh well!!
  12. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

UUUMMM....what time is it now?....no wait, what day is it?..:eek:
  13. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

56 hours straight is my record by the end i didnt even know what day it was
  14. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

19 hrs for the blizzard and 6 more today
  15. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey guys: I'm with Clncut and F250Man. I had 19 pushing as a sub and about 4 pushing my own stuff (driveways and a couple p-lots.)

I give you guys alot of credit. After 19 hrs, my head was just spinning, I couldn't even stay focused when driving.

So, MAYBE I could've gone longer, but I know my limits pretty well and said "enough's enough" I had to get some sleep. I get paid hourly, so there was no point in wrecking my truck or worse. What a week!!
  16. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i went 43 strait hours with a 1 1/2 hour cat nap in the middle. believe it or not that hour and a half did wonders. i had 60 hours total logged in. the last pan handle hook we got 3 or 4 years ago netted 18 inches, i had no help and one truck at that time, i went 72 hours strait!! that was my most miserable plowing experience ever, the heater core in my truck was plugged so i had only enough heat to barely defrost the windshield, my feet were soaked and i was froze not to mention 80% of all the town's electric was out for the good portion of a week i tried to sleep some and the phone would not quite ringing.never again!! i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. any how we got about 2" today did some salting and gonna go scrape everyone tomorrow morning. later, pete
  17. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

47 hrs with about 6 hrs sleep
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I thought it was over Friday until the phone rings and 5 people need there drives done So I sent some Sydens way and when I got home at 5 I went out for 4 hours and then up at 6 today and put in 2 hours and they said 2' today 2' tonight and 2' tomorrow it snowed here all day and dose not look like it is going to stop. So I went out riding the snowmobiles and I will be in the truck again tomorrow morning it can end some time soon I hope or at least slow down. Steve
  19. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

How do you guys go that long? I stayed awake for 36 hours straight once and thought I was going to die!:D If I get so tired that I can't concentrate or I am liable to hit/break something it is time to go to bed. Snow can wait.
  20. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

1 word caffeine