1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many here can honestly say they remember this?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nascar24, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

How many remember when these were new trucks sitting on a dealers lot ?

I remember.....yeeze I'm getting old :( lol
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Not I, but cool stuff.
  3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I remember when Fisher went from two T- handles to one cable joystick , now that was high tech.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hydro control with a stick best combo i used fro 16 years.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How aboot the manifold on the drivetrain hump..........we had 3, one for the back plow too.

Then it went to the push\pull rods through the firewall......those were aboot stupid.
  6. George C

George C Senior Member

I remember how those old Fisher blades were weak at the bottom, and not holding the cutting angle cross the entire moldboard. They used to bend up at the bottom, and needed to be heated up, bent back and welded.
    They were still the best at the time, as they are now.
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Those are either '78 or '79's and I was driving a new '78 back then.
    Still have a '79 bronco that's a project vehicle.
  8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Mother in law had one brand new . No plow though.
  9. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

I remember that, in fact, the F-150's there look just like my dad's first plow truck. We plowed our road and multiple driveways with that rig for OVER 30 years.. they just don't make trucks like that now. Of course, I almost passed out from exhaust fumes the last couple of years but it was fun plowing with the windows down :D

Now, I can't even get a dealer to return my calls because the trucks I find sell before I call :(
  10. Yup, those are '78s I believe. That was the first year I had a plow. A 7 1/2 foot Fisher Speedcaster with the two T Handle (mine were chrome!) controls and the valve body outside on the frame uprights. Truck was a '74 Chevy K5 Blazer Cheyenne. Man that thing could plow snow, turn on a dime and give you nine cents change....
  11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I remember...

The two in the lower right hand corner are '79s, the rest appear to be '78s. 1979 was the first year for square headlights on the F series pickups.
  12. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

And they were covered under Ford warrantry
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Ranger XLT's had square lights and Kustom's had round in '78.
    The ones closest in appear to be Ranger XLT's because to the rubber inserted body molding/ trim high up on the body panels.
  14. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Ahh... I didn't realize there were any '78s with square lights. I had a good friend who bought a brand new F150 short box, 351M, 4-spd, with a 7' Fisher in 1979. I loved that truck. We'd tool around all night plowing, and doing other things we probably shouldn't have been doing... :D Those were the good old days.
  15. harddock

harddock Member
    from mass

I remember when the linkage for the two T's was outside the truck on the plow frame and would freeze up!

and on the Fisher label was the reminder. "Always Plow With The Storm"
  16. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

Remember them well, My first truck new, 77 f-100 300 6, 3sp on tree,
  17. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Nice! Had a 75 f350 460- c6 - 4.10's Thing was a tank-- two chrome levers! My mom had a 79 bronco new no fisher hook up on that!
  18. Vermontster

Vermontster Member

"I remember when the linkage for the two T's was outside the truck on the plow frame and would freeze up!"

That's how they are on my '72. There's some clips that hold things in place for the off season.

19. fhafer

fhafer Member

My first plow truck was a 1973 International 1110 with an 8' Fisher power angle. I bought it 30 March, 1981. I was driving it home with my dad when the radio reported Ronald Regan had been shot. I traded it in for a new1983 CJ-7. What a mistake. Other than the chain drive transfer case that truck was a snow moving animal.
  20. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

What a awesome toy that International would make today.