1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many driveways?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by crusher305, Aug 29, 2005.

1. crusher305

crusher305 Junior Member

I live in Cleveland Ohio and I just got a plow on my 1500 truck. I have one fairly large lot to plow along with 8 or 10 other trucks at a time with the company I landscaped with. I want to know how many residental accounts I should try to handle along with school and early morning hockey, and how much i should charge per driveway. Should i charge by the season or collect after every push?

P.S.. I've read the average snowfall for my area is 10-13 times over 3 inches

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

How big are the driveways (and please don't say "average")? How much time are you going to have? How much time do you expect to be taken in driving between accounts?

3. crusher305

crusher305 Junior Member

Thanks anyways

I don't know any of this information yet. I didn't want to talk to customers if I couldn't end up plowing them. I plan to have them all in close proximity.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

????

You really expect to get every account you estimate? The only way to do that is to seriously lowball.

I would suggest just sticking with what you've got now. Get some experience and some realistic outlook. Then you'll be ready for next year.