1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how many control wires for a western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PreFabber, Feb 24, 2005.

1. PreFabber

PreFabber Member
    from SE PA

i was hoping someone could tell me how many control wires a western electric pump has. i don't mean the new ones that are on the ultra-mounts, but the pumps that were on the uni-mounts, basically the cable controlled pump with solenoids. the reason i ask is that i'm looking to put one of these pumps on a meyer setup, simply because meyer is junk as we all know, and want to see if i can still use the meyer controls. if each have three control wires, then goodbuy e-47. i appreciate any help on the matter.

2. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Western

Im not exactly sure what you mean by control wires, but Westernhas all the wiring schematics on their website. There is a link to their website up on top of page.

Jeff

3. PreFabber

PreFabber Member
    from SE PA

i took a look on their website, and it's pretty clear about the wires, but still a little fuzzy. what i mean by the control wires is like how the meyer has the red green and black wires for the solenoids. i'm just trying to see if that's the same amount of wires that the western has so i can use a western pump instead of a meyer without changing the controls. we have the slick stick in there now, and the owner likes that control, but not the e-47 that keeps having trouble. thanks

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont bother trying to use a meyer harness and controller to run a western. The wires that become energized when you select a function from a meyer controller are not compatiable with the valving/ hydro functions of a western. If you go to a western pump, you have to run a western harness and controller.