1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How MANY Bids have you given out so far this year?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick76, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

So FAR I've given out 37 Commercial bids.......of which 7 are large lots of 8+ ac each....

Hopefully I'll get a couple anyway......

Just curious as to how many others are bidding on.....
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Too many...over 100
  3. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

111 to be exact, and we just got RFQ package for additional 29 today and 3 more companies bids yet to come out.
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

3 companies packages still be sent to us!
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

103. not a single one under an acre, up to 9 acres. Going to try and crank out another 7 or 8 estimates tonight.
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

None....all our accounts are the same as last year.
    We may lose 1 or 2 but can replace those easily.
    Dang nice to live in a small town
  7. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

45 bids so far. worked on another 20 this evening.
  8. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice. I don't know what I would do if I picked up half that many jobs of that size! lol

I've only got a few going out for now.
  9. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

do you have guys that work for you?
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I bid more on how much I want to make then how many lots I want to plow. I should have everyone signed up from last yr.
  11. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

About the same amount as usual for this time of year. I'm doing several per week some weeks, other weeks I'll do 20. Alot won't start thinking snow till after Labor day. With the economy the way it is people seem to be dragging their feet a little in getting renewals in though. I'm alredy picking up new properties though. I'm having to do alot more promotion with long time properties (6 & 10 years), new boards that don't rember what happens when they hire the wrong contractor & are looking at numbers (I think), probably someones nephew or grandson too.
  12. hdelectraglide

hdelectraglide Member

5 none under 1 acre 3 returning from last year. 1 truck 1 man .let it snow!!!!
  13. big acres

big acres Senior Member

About fifteen, and booked up with more qaulified prospects than I could ask for... 9 acre lot just sent a 3 year signed deal in today. Renewals done by end of next week. Largest annual growth in company history, and even winning a few at highest bid. Can't ask for more... if this is a recession, maybe I'll need a depression to beat this year! Happy hunting.