1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many are running a 9'2" BOSS on a SRW Dodge?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by IC-Smoke, Oct 21, 2011.

1. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Hey gang I've found a great shape 9'2" but before I went to look at the plow I was told it was a 8'2"

I dont have any large lots to clear and wasnt sure if it was worth the hassle of running a 9'2" on a 3500SRW dodge.

Anyone else running a 9'? let me know what you think!!

pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Ian

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Enjoy the extra foot. Just makes you a bigger man. It will push just fine, and your truck should hold it pretty well

3. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Run a 9.6 Fisher on a 3500 SRW for 3 years now without issues.

4. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

that extra 100lbs on the front doesnt excite me much, I've already rebuilt the front end twice on the 05 and once on the 06:dizzy: I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.... :drinkup:

5. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

have wheel bearings on hand

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

The extra 100lbs of the blade is nothing.... The killer of the front ends is when you start stacking the snow. More less 2-3yds of snow being hoisted into the air on every pass.... Plus all the other weights.

To me the front end issue is a pain but that is the biggest issue with this era of truck. Its a small price to pay when you look at the scope of things.

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I know a guy who ran a 9ft Fisher V blade on his 3/4 ton Dodge. I think it carried it pretty well, he couldn't put it in full V when driving but other than that it did ok. If I remember right he was always complaining about the weight. He got it totally refurbished and now has it for sale. Now I guess he has a 9ft straight blade with wings on a newer Dodge. Just have enough ballast.

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

id run it for the right price, what are you going to steal it for?

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Ill be running a leveling kit and some HD bilstein shocks. I havent searched but are they any other options to stiffen up the front end?

Just did axle bearings, u joints and all tie rod, drag link ends.

Hes asking 4500, used twice and always stored indoors mount, wiring and adapters for a 06 and 10 included. He owns a big concrete company and this was his personal plow. It has been sitting outside the last 3 weeks due to a divorce. Came off his 2010 dodge.

he had it sitting on the local dealerships lot to try and sell, here is a photo from earlier this year:
    [​IMG]

10. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

that sounds like a good deal and you can probably get him down a little bit more

11. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The 9'-2" Poly V-XT you are looking at only weighs:

(57) lbs more than an 8'-2" Poly V-XT
    (67) lbs more than an 8'-2" Steel V-XT
    (82) lbs more than an 8'-2" Steel V-Plow

Price sounds very reasonable.

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

13. bsharp704

bsharp704 Member
    from Grant

I have a 08 Dodge 3500 with 9-2 on the front and 14' ebling on the back, no problems at all. The truck will handle the plow no problem.

168153_191761157508233_191760880841594_633877_6474623_n.jpg

14. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Hey Ian, I run a 9'2" steel power - v on a 3/4 without any problems. Only set back I can think of is once you use it ,it will spoil ya and you won't want to use a 8"2".It sure makes cleaning up drive thru's and curved/corners easier. Not to mention the obvious length in parking area's.Did you get the mount on yet?

15. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Im picking up a 8'2", a 9' would be nice at times but all my homes are tight spots, and between parked cars. When it snows and covers the parking lot lines the girls have no clue on how wide a parking spot is... :eek:

I havent mounted the bracket yet. I tore it down and sandblasted it, then dropped it off at the powder-coater. Hopefully by the weekend Ill have it on Thumbs Up Thanks again!!!