1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many acre will this tractor do in a hour?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KCLawnTamer, Sep 14, 2009.

1. KCLawnTamer

KCLawnTamer Member
    from Kansas

I have a Case IH DX45 with a compact 8; snow pusher on it.. How many acres will it do of open parking lot in a hour.. It is 45 horse, HST and 4x4..

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

1 kinda an educated guess..

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same tractor as a blue version (NH TC45)
    You can mow 1.5 acres per hour, but mowing is twice as efficient as plowing (no backing up)
    so I'd say 3/4 of an acre

But that tractor doesn't weigh all that much, about 4000lbs with the loader. With the tires loaded, about 5200lbs (your tires are loaded right?), so you might get too big of load with a 8' pusher.

The loader is fast, but weak. It will only lift 1650lbs (exactly, not one lb more, AMHIK) and I'd worry about bending the attachment points

darn fast in tight spots though, the hydrostat makes it very quick to go forward and back, along with nice visibility from the cab.

4. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

.91 acres .

5. Premier

Premier Senior Member

If it were my tractor i would put a snow plow on it, that way you can angle it and make better time. jmo

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

First, if it doesn't have a cab I wouldn't use it for commercial plowing. Doesn't matter what hanging off the front or back. A good operator will look at you and laugh. So no acres per hour.

J.

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I am with Peterbilt.