1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How many accounts do YOU have?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FordFisherman, Dec 9, 2007.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Just curious- How many res. or comm. accounts do you have. At one time I had 55 res. and a 40 house subdivision(small driveways and 2mi. of road) 2 trucks,2shovelers took anywhere from 10 to 16 hrs to complete one pass. Lost the subdivision:gunsfiring: to a landscape co. who hires non-caucasion help. Got rid of one truck, kept 25 of the best accounts (the ones who never call) Stress level went way down, profit ratio is up per hour spent. Anyone have a similar experience?
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

At one time I had 105 driveways 2 Jeeps And a lot of fun. I sold the rout to become a programmer.

Now Up to 87 Driveways 1 Jeep, 1 helper with F250 ext cab.
  3. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I have our own 2 parking lots totaling about 30,000 square feet and I just got my first 4 residential contracts today.
  4. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

I have 30 residentials in my neighborhood. I would have more but this is my first year adn im in college.
  5. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have 2 large comm. lots, 7 smaller lots, and 22 driveways.. and have turned away at least 15 calls last week...
  6. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we are up to 3 commercial accounts! 120 acres. 15 plow trucks, 10 skids, 4 backhoes and 3 loaders. Plus the sidwalk crews.
  7. Snowguy01

Snowguy01 Senior Member
    from Erie

we run 30 driveways 16 medium size commerical and 1 huge plastice plant. I am not suret of the square feet of the shop but it takes 3 trucks 2.5 hours to plow and the skidsteer.
  8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

5 small comm, 23 driveways, and I sub to a large outfit.......
  9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

47 residential driveways, 6 commerical properties, and 4 parking ramps that the snow needs to be hauled off site.
  10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We have 30ish accounts. All parking lots, ranging from Mcdonals size to larger shoping centers.
  11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

2 big commercial, 2 smaller parkings lots, and about 25 resis. done with 3 trucks. (hopefully)
  12. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

54 residential driveways all within a 3 mile radius. just me and my truck. for every 10 calls i get for new accounts per season, i take maybe 1 - sometimes none. i don't get out of the truck to do any shoveling.
  13. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

0 i am a sub
  14. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I do the lot at the hair/tanning salon the wife and I own, 7 residential driveways, and then my home drive as well. first year really trying to get other paying drives so still working my way up.
  15. Dougman

Dougman Member
    from MA

I've got 147 residential driveways, 7 commercial accounts, 2 malls and 1 international airport.

All must be done by 6AM and I don't use subs!

Just me and my Chevy pickup truck! :cool:

16. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

There is no possible way one guy and one truck can do that much work. You would have to start plowing right now to keep up with Saturdays storm and have it all cleaned up by Monday
  17. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Douggie Fresh, are you implying that you plow Boston's Logan International Airport? I had the shoveling account up there for years. Just wasnt paying enough...
  18. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

He has to be joking, just like I plow I-75 from Detroit to Flint with my 4 wheeler.

30 commercial accounts, 10 residential and partridge in a pear tree.
  19. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

What are you getting for gas mileage on the 4 wheeler?
  20. how many ??

hahahaha ,i never added them up but here goes , i got 75 driveways [20 are weekenders]only plow fri.,i got 35 business's including the bank,liquor store , 2 motels,iga,laundrymat i plow with old stuff , its paid for.1976 gm flat bed,arctic plow ,1990 eddy bauer bronco , arctic plow,1995 ford flatbed,with fisher plow,2x 1999 gmc 250 one boss plow , one frink plow,i got a 1988 flat bed gmc , just needs plow installed , also use john deere 310 backhoe /loader,plus i got ALL the other guys phone numbers in case of problems.we all live work together in small town canada , not too much dust ups ,, hahaha but a few ,[i carried a baseball bat last year cause my old buds son was pissed at me .and he weighs in at bout 300 lbs.,just thought i needed a equalizer.been plowing 30 years and this year my son is the third generation plowing in town .we start at 2 a.m. that way there are no suprizes.[hopefully] saftey first , have fun , gary snow