1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how many accounts do you have

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by trainhorntruck, Feb 7, 2012.

1. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

I just know how many driveway accounts you guys have and how many years have you been plowing ill start I have 20 2 inch triggers and im only 17 first year doing it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

what? There's somethin invented a few weeks ago, it's kinda new so I won't rag on you for not knowing it. It's called a period. They also have these things called commas. And good luck getting someone to tell you how much they make.
    And just to answer the first question; twelve.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I thought rag and period were the same thing?:laughing:

4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

never enough. And were waiting to service them . hoping for a record breaker , something like 34'' or more in one storm . you know your getting it done when it's just you and the national gaurd on the hi ways n bi ways.

ghet er done son !!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

trainhorntruck dont worry about Boss I know what you ment.

I started in1986 with 15 driveways in 3 towns and an F150
    second year I had 30 accounts. and maxed out.
    thierd year I got a jeep (brand new from the junk yard hit a parked car on a test drive) for backup. Used the jeep 1 time and sold the truck.
    4th year had 45 drives
    5 th year condensed rout to 1 town.
    6 - 11 year had around 75 houses.
    12th year added 2nd jeep and driver added ~25 houses
    in 2000 I sold the rout and got a job in high tech programming.
    in 2001 I got layd off.
    in 2003 I contacted all my old clients (that the guy that bought the rout didnt want) I got 100% of them back.
    I now have 90 drives 3 jeeps and no snow :( (going to add more drives next year)

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I cant remember for sure I know had more in 1981 then I do now
    Now have more parking lots
    25 now 15 of them has be done with ATV or deep snow Skidsteer Just to tight for a truck No head room for my 7740Ford tractor to get in there
    Been pushing snow since 1981

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im 20, been a sub sence i was 16. have no account's and its bull shyt! lol

8. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i'm almost 23, been doing 8 drives since i was 16. i work full time so its just alittle extra.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

5th year. Almost 300 driveways. Will hit 500 next year now that I finally figured out how to do it. (Tractor/Blower combo = SWEET)

10. BPS#1

BPS#1 2000 Club Member

Only one is residential.

3 are large apartment complexes, 3 to 4 truck hour jobs.
    For the most part this winter every storm has started late in the day so that we plow these apartments
    thru the night. A lot less traffic to deal with that way.

11. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

25 Private driveways , a nursing home and an appartment complex . This is my 36th and last year of plowing . Good luck !

12. cascade powder

cascade powder Junior Member

One...my driveway/road! Isnt this the homeowner section lol.

13. trainhorntruck

trainhorntruck Member
    from CT

wow I got a long way to go then haha I hope to have at least 30 next yr and 3 big lots that im gona sub

14. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

30 driveways and 3 churches. And 1 pizza joint. I hope to have 30 more next year. And a few more churches. And a small strip mall or two.
    I love my Z

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I'm 31 years old and have 10 years of plowing snow for my self, I have 35 drives and one apartment building this year, use to have atleast 50 resi's a season as well as other lots. I'm just not snow crazy like some others on here lol.

The only reason I keep doing it is because if I don't I'll be hounded by other contractors to work for them in the winter months.

16. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

30 years old 4th year in Business , Have about 75 driveways, 1 gas station, 3 small commercial lots, 2 large commercial lots and 1 condo complex. We run 3 trucks of our own plus 1 Sub contractor. And no snow.

17. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Started out YEARS ago with a big storm and the old man's borrowed snow blower. Now doing 12 residentials, 23 commercials, 3 churches and 7 commercial walks only. Total of just over 14 acres total plowing and 3200 Ln Ft. of walks. Just got done updating with a new spreadsheet. No wonder I'm tired after it snows. Ready to be more tired.

18. TwoBrosLawn

TwoBrosLawn Member
    from 53223

35 Residential, 3 Apt Complexes, 2 small commercial, 2000lbs of salt. 1 truck, gonna have 3 trucks next year and hopefully a skid, looking at 3 more apts. and 5 commercial accts. 4th year plowing

19. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Been plowing for 31 yrs 1 restaurant, dentist office, phone company with 3 other sites,1 med. factory 1 heavy equipment shop, family dollar store, 2 gas stations, 8 mile of village streets and 75 driveways.

20. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I'm heavy into condo driveways... But lets just say I have hundreds of drives. Some big lots also.
    It's all about the tractor blower combo.
    For that matter, mine blower came form image (steve)...