1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Manay Hrs Part 2

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by TPC Services, Aug 20, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Here are a few more pic of property's I got from a company wanting bids, what kind of hrs sould these take. and how many tons of sand idea wise:drinkup:

4121,4141,4161, dixon 1 (ferguson).JPG

3919 109 st old super value 1.JPG

4121,4141,4161, dixon 1 (ferguson).JPG

3919 109 st old super value 1.JPG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

1 question. Do you have a front end loader? I am thinking that you might need it on this one.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

From what i added up it out to be 646,410 sf. What type of equipment do you have? I agree with loaders, and/or skid steers. I used a 1/2 yard of sand mix for a 55,000 sf lot i did last year. I would guess you need at least 6- 8 yards per event.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Um Your going to need lots of loaders on that one. Ok first, pretreat with salt is a must. Here is why. You are going to have 40 ton 18 wheelers coming in there and packing down any snow during the day. AKA instant ice. 2nd a pickup is not going to scrap up this hard pack snow. You aren't even going to be able to use normal protechs on this job. You will need either a switch blade or a IST protech. As the rubber edge is not going to beable to scrap up the hard pack. You got about 14 acres of parking lot with very little place to stack snow in the middle of the first picture. So most will have to be pushed down to the ends (aka taking more time)

1 pickup (1 acre per hour)
    2 skids (2 acres per hour each)
    1 2-3 yard wheel loader (3-4 acres per hour)
    20 tons of salt for pre and post treat.

Figure you can do 8 acres per hour. But you know you won't get these result as this lot as its a difficult lot (minus the bid square one) stuff to plow around. So really figure 6 acres per hour or so. Again these results all depend on equipment, operators, storm, employees, trucks coming in and hour, etc. Could be more and could be less. Plus then you have to go back with the loaders and clean up and stock pile snow. AKa more hours. It defently is a challenging lot if this is your first year on something this big.

5. TPC Services

yes this is the first year of biding industrial/ warehouse style lots have done small strip malls, indepentdent business building and town homes.

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Let us know how you made out with you bid.

7. TPC Services

I will thanks, turn them in last week. thought I would weight tell the end of the month to see if they had made a decision if they have not got back to me by then. or sould I call sooner or later then that?