1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

how long

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by turbo5560, Oct 18, 2008.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

how long to plow 6 acres with one plow truck and one loader with 10' push box?
    Has two smaller parking lots (one acre each) and one main parking lot (4 acres) Has small islands at each end, and light poles down the center. Think around 4 hours?

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

depend on the trigger I think? 1", 2", 4"?

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

2 give or take my guess.

4. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

trigger is 1.5"

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are you thinking 4 hours for both pieces of equipment or 2 hours each? I would think you could do that in 2 hours no problem. A 10' push box will move snow quickly and if you can push in both directions he can turn around and push back instead of backing up.

6. Knight Owl

Knight Owl Junior Member

3.5 hours with 3.5 to 4" of snow on the lot when plowing is done.

7. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

i figured 6-8 hours between both machines, so 3-4 each, just wanted to figure on an average. only problem is there will be cars in the parking lot. so you think less then 6 between both machines?

8. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

two hours with both pieces..

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You should be less then 6 hours. I had 1 location that we were doing with a truck. This guy might have been one of the fastest I had. When he left we put a Backhoe with a 10' pusher on site and he cut 50% off that guys time. Push boxes are quick, you might need more salt though.

10. Knight Owl

Knight Owl Junior Member

I should have clarified....

According to the Estimating Package put out by GIE Media - with that equipment, 3.5 hours with 3.5 to 4" of snow on the lot when plowing comences (assuming it is not snowing like a banshee during plowing operations, and no significant snowfall occurs during these operations). This Estimating Package has proved to be pretty accurate.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Brian what lot is this? You can pm me the name too if ya want.

12. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

could u send me the link for that GIE Media estimating tool. I was looking on their website and couldn't find it.
    thanks!

13. Knight Owl

Knight Owl Junior Member