1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by kemmer, Dec 18, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey guys, im subbing this lot for some one and i was wondering how long it may take me to do. with a 8' blade

Untitled-1.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

You mightve bitten off more than you chew with using only an 8' blade. I would say around 4 hours. If you get more than a foot of snow youre gonna have a tough time.

3. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i know, i still have to meet up with the guy and talk over exactly what i have to to, he may team me up with another truck, but from the pictures it does seem big

4. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

from NJ

hey wats up i am from Bergen COunty New Jersey.. wat area are you from?

5. starc

starc Senior Member

Doesn't look like a job for a truck....wheel loader or 2 maybe or a very large 4x4 tractor.
    You gonna end up with smaller piles everywhere rather than one big main pile...

6. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey alex, i pm'd you a while ago, im from haworth, im friends with eddy from fireschool. This job is in fort lee, if you need any sub work this guy needs help, hes also got paramus DMV and some others jobs on rt 17. check ur pms and email me.

7. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i know, i was thinking push from side to side because i was looking at some satilite pics and there was some snow melting lol, so i looked where the piles where

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

3-4 hours with a lot of what ifs... have any measurements? or only the photo?

Definately get yourself some ProWings -I can plow a lot 41,000 paved + 13,000 gravel in 35 minutes with 8' and wings.

BTW I really like your logo.

9. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

i was thinking about wings, but then i thought, im getting payed by the hr, so longer=$$ but if it was a flat fee and then id try to get in and out as fast as possible.

THanks on the logo, its new for when i get out of college and start up again-was snowy leaf landscaping

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

06HD BOSS
    There is no way you are plowing 2.5 acres and hour with an 8foot plow and prowings....you would have to be plowing at 20 some mph to do that....not sure if you could get those speads in that lot.

kemmer
    on average you can plow about 1 acre per hour in a nice open lot with an 8foot plow. slap on the prowings and get say 40% more efficency and you are 1.4 acres per hour at 2"s or less. so now figure in the parked cars and the moving cars and the pedestrians....you are probably back to 1 acre per hour.... Getting paid by the hour is good to a point, you dont want to get to far behind.

If you could get us some measurements it would help up come up with an idea for you

11. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Ok sure, ill get you guys some measurements on thursday when i meet with the guy

12. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Hard to tell, but is it broken up by islands, or curbs? if it's not thats alot of pushing for a 8'
    if it's broken up into sections by islands or curbs it wouldn't be as bad.

13. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Heres the lot, you can see that there are still snow piles if you look close
    I had to put 2 pictures together in photshop so dont mind the left side toolbars

trigger is 1.5"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  14. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

The wings will help you from windrowing the parked cars. As far as your work slower to make more idea No employer will find that montra appealing, and a customer will be more likely to shop around if they think your milking it. Work faster, do more accounts, make more moneypayup

15. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya i know, im looking into wings just to make my life easier

16. salopez

salopez Senior Member

41k plus 13k is 1.25ish acres in half an hour...comes out to 2.5 acres per hour...that is the math...add it up. 1.25 plus 1.25 equals 2.5....I guess this is the new math.

17. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

holy piss...thats a big lot. Better have some help! Good Luck!;)

18. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ya if it ever snows ill let you know how it is lol

ive just been thinking about how im going to push it, with out visiting the place yet it doesnt seems like i can push alot towards the main road(left) so i can really only push to the top and some other select areas.

Im guessing will also have to do the drivethru thing because its in the same lot

The bottom right part of lot doesnt really seem that difficult, just have to keep it away from the loading dock.

Also he may want 1-2 of my guys blowing the sidewalks.

Were looking at $65-85/hr starting out....that reasonable?

Also i usually pay my sidewalk guys $15/hr what should i get for them and the use of the blowers? $20?

19. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

hmmm

probably like ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------=================================================================
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++that long..... sorry man i am just wayto Fin bored with/ out all this snow:rolleyes:

20. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

eeeerrr uhh, i think 4 hours is way under par even if your superman with a flamethrower...

pretty big there

this lot takes me 2.5 hours with one truck and looks like just a section of what you have there

guess the arial map is sorta decieving

211.jpg

GetImage.jpg

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006