1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How Long?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by griffithtlc, Nov 15, 2003.

1. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

We are doing a quote for an apartment complex. In the picture, most of the spaces will be filled, so we will just open up the lanes. The lanes will be about 25-30ft. We will come back later and clean up the parking spots, and finish the sidewalks. Everything is to scale. We will do the sidewalks in one pass with our ATV, and will hand shovel 6 entryways. I am wondering how long you guys think it would take with an 810. We would probably only use the wings for cleanup and backdragging, because the snow is going to pile up on the blade pretty fast. Our price increments are 2-6" base price, 6-10, base x 1.333, 10-14 base x 1.666, 14+ base x 2. We are planning on $110 per hour with the 810, $60 per hour for the ATV, and $40 per hour for shoveling. How long do you guys think it would take? We were thinking about 3 hrs plowing (1 hr to open up, 2 hrs backdragging and stacking), 1/2 hr. ATV work, and 1 hr. shoveling. How long do you think it would take? Any input woud be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I have an apartment complex that is set up pretty similar to this one. If my math is correct 2-6 inches of snow will cost them $400.00. I would say in my area that sounds about right. Do you do any sanding or salting? If so about how much does it take?
  3. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

by my price list

0-1.9" --- 120

2-3.9" --- 216

4-5.9" --- 300

that is just for plowing sanding and shoveling is totally different.