1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by nightshutter, Aug 21, 2011.

1. nightshutter

nightshutter Junior Member
    from Zone 5

Ive done plowing before when I worked at a estate for a wealthy lady. It was about 30k sq ft of plowing and salting. I used a tractor with a 5-6 ft blower on the front. Im bidding on a large plowing contract of a 70K sq ft parking lot. The lot is L shaped. parking spaces on both sides with flower beds every 10-15 stalls or so. Parking spaces in the middle with flower beds every 10-15 stalls as well. I'll be using a truck with a plow on front. How long do you think it will take? I think I have an idea. Maybe what you would charge? I know your overhead is different from mine and its a different area and all that jazz. I dont want to cut myself short but I do want to still make money. payup Thanks

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

There are still some variables that need addressed. How big is your plow? Straight blade, or a containment blade? what is the trigger depth that you will be plowing at? It would be best if you put an overhead picture, such as goggle earth up, so people can give you an honest answer. As it stands now with the information you have given, I would guess the job to take about 1.5 to 2 hours with the equipment I have.

3. nightshutter

from Zone 5

9 Ft plow.

School.jpg

4. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Don't forget the pita factor on this one.... hopefully you at least have a 9.5 v and not a 9 straight

5. nightshutter

from Zone 5

HUGE PITA!! 2-3 hours?

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If you only have a staight blade, all those islands and cars that will be in the way, I'd say you'd be safe with 2-3 hours on a 4" snow. If you could get yourself a skid with a pusher, that would be ideal for that location... probably take you about an hour with the skid

7. nightshutter

from Zone 5

I wish I had a skid! Does $100 an inch sound too high?

8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I can't tell you what to charge... no one can..,.,its different from region to region..hell even city block to city block in some areas......figure out ALL your costs.....ie insurances, truck dep, truck payments, repairs, maint, taxes, advertising, fuel, ect ect ect.....(you'll be surprised after adding all this up what the total comes too on a per hour rate), then add in your profit margin... times that by the 3 hours and bingo you've got your price