1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long would this take?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jerpa, Oct 29, 2014.

1. jerpa

jerpa Member

A friend of mine is the first year property manager for the apartment complex linked below. The powers that be have bought a tailgate salter and 8' straight blade and will have a maintenance man plowing.

There are 3.75 acres total but has quite a few small parking lots. The roads and lanes in all the lots is a little less than 2 acres of it.

How long would you estimate to open the lanes and roads for 1-3"? How long to clear the rest assuming the cars are not there?

I'm thinking 2 hours for clearing the lanes and another 3 clearing the rest and cleaning up. I haven't done a property of this size and most of my experience is with a v-plow. I'm also not accounting for time loading a 300lb tailgate salter with bagged salt.

Just for fun what would you use on this lot?

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

1.25 to 1.5 hours on roads and lanes with an 8' straight blade. 2.5 to 3 cleaning up.
    Add wings to the straight blade and one guy will be busy there when it snows. But not overwhelmed.
  3. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

1 hr. @ 50. per property x .12 + overhead - 15% taxes
  4. jerpa

jerpa Member

Thank you for the input. I guess I'm not too far off.

Did you read the post? I wasn't looking for a price and it is one apartment complex so 1 property.
  5. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

add .003 then , sorry