1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long would this lot take with a 8' plow and 3" of snow?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by SolsticeLandscp, Oct 16, 2009.

1. SolsticeLandscp

SolsticeLandscp Junior Member

Hey all, I am bidding on a restaurant parking lot with 60 spaces, one entrance to the road, a drive through for a donut shop and 60 parking spaces. It is about 29,000 square feet of paved area. I attached some photos. How long would this take to plow with an 8' straight blade and 3" of snow?

Also would you bill this hourly or per amount of snowfall? 0-6" costs $$.. ex. Or would you bill by the hour? I know what I need to make per hour but would be interest to see what others would charge. Thanks for any help!

Back parking lot:
    [​IMG]
    Entrance:
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1 hour and 5,000 for the season.

3. SolsticeLandscp

SolsticeLandscp Junior Member

Thanks, thats kinda what I was thinking. How about the amount of sand or salt it would need?

4. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

600-700 lbs of rock salt

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

If you go contract seasonal base it on your average snowfall amount per season and add a surcharge for anything over that threshold. Go contract if you want a guarenteed amount for the season to pay for fixed costs, Go per push or hourly if you have enough income just dont sell yourself short

6. readysnowplow

readysnowplow Senior Member

I charge $135-$150/hr on bids but I'm not sure if I should be charging per foot of snow. Any suggestions as to when I should do what? In my town they ask for 2-4" and 4-6" and over 6". However, some folks (most) just want a flat rate. I don't want to lose an account but I don't want to underestimate. Any ideas for a beginner?