1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

How long will this take ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MJB, Oct 31, 2008.

1. MJB

MJB Junior Member

I have approximately 175,000 sq ft to plow. Usually not more than 2 inches of snow per push. This is broken up with islands etc. But if this was wide open how long would it take with 1 7 1/2 ft plow on a pickup ? Thanks

2. MJB

MJB Junior Member

OK Someone out there knows how long it takes to plow an acre with a 7 1/2 ft plow.
    Will how long for 4 acres in an open area 2 to 3 " of snow tops? Anyone plow parking lots?

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

0:35 to 1:15hr depending on the operator and plow.
    add islands, sacking location. and your ability.

But you knew this seeing that you have been plowing and a member for 8 years right?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

This should be posted under the thread "am i in over my head?"

Answer, Yep!.

P.S. I think there are some target/super targets available in your area that you and a buddy with another 7'6'' plow could do.

5. MJB

MJB Junior Member

I just asked a simple question and your being a azz doesn't help at all. The only hard part about plowing is pricing. I have plowed for yrs using a backhoe. Now I was think of buying a pickup plow and just wanted to know how efficient they are under these conditions. I may just go with a backhoe and a 10' Sectional snowplow. So either help me or shut the **** up!

6. MJB

MJB Junior Member

Thanks for your insight. I have only been a member of plowsite for a yr or so and have not spent that much time on here until recently. Been a member of Lawnsite for yrs.

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

now now children haha

listen, i plow commercially. I have a couple smaller lots that are around 100,000 SF, and i usually have a truck on the lot for an hour or so. By the time you clean around light poles and the loading dock area and do a good job, it should take you around an hour.

8. MJB

MJB Junior Member

Thanks Redman Thats what I was looking for.:)

9. redman6565

no prob. just promise you wont try and plow a 500,000 SF Target with two pick-ups haha

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i bet ya i could do it with one:cool:

11. redman6565

maybe a mini-coop with a four ft plow.

12. redman6565

they should start a hall of fame for this site and i would vote that kid in quick for "huge" ambition...

13. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

not sites "No clue ambassador?"

14. redman6565

haha that would work too